Omnipod DASH and Closed Loop

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there any news on the closed loop and DASH situation? Of course Tidepool are are still doing theirs and I believe Insulet are doing their own but they will bound to be limited trials or US only when out. What happened to the we are not waiting approach, it looks like Tidepool still use that as a tagline but its been a long wait thus far, not criticising, I mean it has to be safe and all that, but being on a DASH for this long with no developments gets me cranky.

Has there been any developments on getting the Dash to work with the current DIY kits?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
My understanding is that omnipod will have a new system for this?? Horizon??

Think I read somewhere trials had be halted due to issues?? So don't hold your breath yet

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@searley Yer thats the omnipod one, but this is exactly my point, waiting for years now for obvious reasons, I just wondered if there was any updates on getting the Dash to work on the already out there DIY apps/ kits.

Thanks,

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
@searley Yer thats the omnipod one, but this is exactly my point, waiting for years now for obvious reasons, I just wondered if there was any updates on getting the Dash to work on the already out there DIY apps/ kits.

Thanks,

No I think the only option currently is with the older omnipod