bloods levels too low or all good?

Woolpaul

howdy

Just checked bloods after two hrs late breakfast of porridge and chicvken i knwo what a mix. about 20g carbs which is standard for me with each meal.

i measured 4.7 after two hrs is this a good sign, too low or mean im not eating enuf carbs?

Any thoughts please?

Paul
TYPE 2 hbac1 70 3 months ago
on low carb diet circa 70g a day
awaiting latest hbac1
lost 15 kg
no meds yet

Reactions: Glynnrob

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You say no meds so your body is doing it all by itself.
4.7 @ 2 hours is perfect, exactly where a non-diabetic would be.
To be exactly sure repeat the same meal & test at 1 hour to see if you can catch the peak.
Some of us try to stay under 7.8.

You sound like you've got this, keep it up

Reactions: oldgreymare

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s ideal.

It’s very rare an unmedicated type 2 will go “too low” without other health conditions. The body will naturally dump glucose from the liver to maintain a safe level. Many non diabetics walk around quite happily in the high 3’s at times.

Some medications, most obviously insulin, can override this and force the levels lower into hypo. 4 is set as an early warning trigger for those on such medications to give them time to treat it before dangerous levels occur.

Reactions: oldgreymare

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Woolpaul I notice you posted the same question on the other forum.
As was reported there and here, a reading of 4.7 is fantastic.

Apologies for my question, but what makes you think this may have been a problem?
Have you been given any advice regarding what you should be aiming for our what is a "good reading"?

Feel free to ask anything to help you understand your condition.

Reactions: KK123

Woolpaul

sorry for repeating.

yeh im overthinking as ever.

my mother was like worrying me saying its too low and i should prob eat more carbs, i guess she is old school thinking ( she thinks im overdoing low carb) and just jealous because her readings are circa 9 10 after meals.

Thanks Paul

Reactions: In Response

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry for repeating.

yeh im overthinking as ever.

my mother was like worrying me saying its too low and i should prob eat more carbs, i guess she is old school thinking ( she thinks im overdoing low carb) and just jealous because her readings are circa 9 10 after meals.

Thanks Paul

Your readings are perfect. :)

Glynnrob

howdy

Just checked bloods after two hrs late breakfast of porridge and chicvken i knwo what a mix. about 20g carbs which is standard for me with each meal.

i measured 4.7 after two hrs is this a good sign, too low or mean im not eating enuf carbs?

Any thoughts please?

Paul
TYPE 2 hbac1 70 3 months ago
on low carb diet circa 70g a day
awaiting latest hbac1
lost 15 kg
no meds yet