Help! I miss toast.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Keto King recipe as well works for me, had toast this morning for breakfast. I use a bread machine to make this and usually set it on the dough making cycle so that I can half the mix. I use one half to make a small loaf and do something different with the other half. Perhaps pizza, flammkuchen, herb or cheese bread. My non diabetic hubbie loves the flammkuchen. I also attempted to make hot cross buns the other week by adding a little extra sweetener, spices and blueberries to the mix.

ChristieM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I found it extremely difficult to give up my breakfast toast and then I read that multi grain, seeded bread or rye bread has less effect on your blood sugar. I have found this to be true for me. I have two VERY thin slices, toasted from frozen. I slice it extremely thinly - about 0.5cm - on a bread slicer before freezing. I do test from time to time after eating this and find it only has a small, acceptable, effect on my blood sugar. But you need to try it and test yourself. Toast doesn’t really affect me but mashed potato - wow!

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Have you tried hovis wholemeal at 8 gms of carbs per slice?
When I get desperate I'll have a slice and it only upped my sugars
By 2.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found it extremely difficult to give up my breakfast toast and then I read that multi grain, seeded bread or rye bread has less effect on your blood sugar. I have found this to be true for me. I have two VERY thin slices, toasted from frozen. I slice it extremely thinly - about 0.5cm - on a bread slicer before freezing. I do test from time to time after eating this and find it only has a small, acceptable, effect on my blood sugar. But you need to try it and test yourself. Toast doesn’t really affect me but mashed potato - wow!
If I’m not working I’ll often have eggs on toast or just toast for breakfast with little effect on my BS. I seem to be ok with mashed potatoes provided I only have a small amount however Scampi is still my nemesis!!

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ryhia: As mentioned in my post my breadmaker is very new and I've only made two loaves in it so far, so I'm interested in the way that you place the Keto King ingredients into the breadmaker on a dough setting, then take it out and use half for a small loaf and the other half for other baked goods. Presumably you have to prove these and then bake them in the oven. How long do you leave them to prove, and how long to bake in the oven? And at what setting? And what is flammkuchen? I'm intrigued, it sounds Austrian.

Apologies for so many questions, but I do want to put my new breadmaker to good use.

(P.S. Love the image of the bluebell fairy!)