Libre 2 great delivery not so

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So I finally got my two new libre 2. The first one fell off after 13 days and the next one after 10 mins so rang them up (took few days to get through as bank holiday weekend. Eventually got them sent. Very thankful that I received two more sensors for free.
But it has to be said I’m so thankful I don’t have to rely on them.
Having to have parcel force deliver them is a logistical nightmare.
Was left a card Monday so I rang them and asked for them to be sent o local post office.
Tuesday got home to another card telling me they failed (no kidding] and it was back at depot. The guy in office was as frustrated as me and sent them some strong words to sort.
Was told I could pick up Wednesday afternoon at otford post office.
Wednesday got home to another card telling me they tried and failed to deliver again and it was now at South Park post office.
Picked it up today and the box had god knows how many holes in it.

hoenstly, if I had to have th3se and try and get these delivered constantly then it would be absolutely terrible.
The libre 2 I thought was really good and I’m excited to start my month experiment again. But parcel force really let the whole thing down. I spoke to abbots at the time and they said they couldn’t use anything other than parcel force and parcel force refuse to leave in a safe place.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
On the purchase side would be worth asking a couple of local pharmacies for a cost… don’t forget to get them to take the VAT off.

Many pharmacies will sell for the same price as Abbott but can be easier than waiting for the post

Won’t help you with faults though

However in 6 month I only had 2 fail

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
On the purchase side would be worth asking a couple of local pharmacies for a cost… don’t forget to get them to take the VAT off.

Many pharmacies will sell for the same price as Abbott but can be easier than waiting for the post

Won’t help you with faults though

However in 6 month I only had 2 fail
Oh I thought you had to get them from Abbott’s. I wouldn’t ever be eligible so got one as free trial then bought second one to cover a months period of time.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Oh I thought you had to get them from Abbott’s. I wouldn’t ever be eligible so got one as free trial then bought second one to cover a months period of time.

I started out buying mine over the counter from Asda, as they were the cheapest.
I joined the mail order queue at Abbott and once I was able to order I used them.
Asda are very good, just a long drive away from me.

So, yes, you can buy them at any pharmacy which is prepared to sell them.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds like problem with the local ParcelForce organisation and not Abbott.
They have been great for me including when I have rearranged delivery.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Sounds like problem with the local ParcelForce organisation and not Abbott.
They have been great for me including when I have rearranged delivery.
I agree. Abbott’s have been great. Their own downfall is that they won’t send with anything other than parcel force