Sore throat both ears hurt

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I have a sore throat both ears hurt inside and outside and headache blood sugars shot up 23.6 for the past couple of days cought from grandchildren and my nose is like a tap so feel rubbish.
How can i get this nearly summer.

Will be glad when this is gone.

Sparklebright62

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all,

I have a sore throat both ears hurt inside and outside and headache blood sugars shot up 23.6 for the past couple of days cought from grandchildren and my nose is like a tap so feel rubbish.
How can i get this nearly summer.

Will be glad when this is gone.

Sparklebright62

Hi Sparklebright,

In my experience. Incidences when I caught stuff with symtoms like this any time of year in the past dropped dramatically when I stopped working with either kids or in close quarters to members of the general public...
Though oddly, I've not had sore throats since I was a kid..

Those high numbers you're having are a bit of a concern. How long have the high BGs been present, & have you tested for ketones?
They are worth consulting your doctor over..

Best wishes.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A sore throat is one thing, but pain in your ears as well suggests you may be developing a more severe infection. This could explain your raised glucose levels as well. I would suggest contacting your GP.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find raised blood sugars emphasise and sniffs, niggles, aches, etc.
So, whilst I agree the high levels are very likely to do with an infection, the high level could also be making the pain worse.

Definitely something worth getting looked at.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

I am waiting for gp to contact me about the above i seem to feel worse @t night for some reason.

Sparklebright62.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I have just spoke to the nurse practioner who says i have a virus infection if i feel worse to get back in touch with them after a few days.
If no better.

Sparklebright62.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

I have just done my blood sugar 30.3mmol which i high i have drunk loadz of water will see what its like in the night and in the morning.
If i use the dapagaflozin will be up all night in the loo

Sparklebright

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi Penquin Mum

I have just tested my blood sugar, and it says
Hi no numbers so i do not know i tested 2 said the same so i am none the wiser will try again later on.

Sparklebright62.

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it tests too high for the meter to read you should call 111 - you may need medical attention...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all

I have just done my blood sugar 30.3mmol which i high i have drunk loadz of water will see what its like in the night and in the morning.
If i use the dapagaflozin will be up all night in the loo

Sparklebright
Hi if I were in your shoes with a reading as high as that which is very high I would be calling 111 for advice/help