Levemir to Basaglar

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Been on levemir for over 10 years now & recently switched over to Basaglar last week but only having 1 dose of this. I hadn’t even heard of this insulin until now. I believe it’s similar to how Lantus works but I just want to see how others find it using this one & how does it compare to levemir? Do people tend to split this or use 1 dose? Maybe I just need to get my doses right but my levels have slowly risen since switching to it.

Last edited:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi,

Been on levemir for over 10 years now & recently switched over to Basaglar last week but only having 1 dose of this. I hadn’t even heard of this insulin until now. I believe it’s similar to how Lantus works but I just want to see how others find it using this one & how does it compare to levemir? Do people tend to split this or use 1 dose? Maybe I just need to get my doses right but my levels have slowly risen since switching to it.

Well ! I went the other way from Abasaglar to Levemir.
I had to split the dose because for me, Abasaglar never lasted 24hrs. Also I found that my backround glucose levels were not very flat and I much prefer Levemir - less hypo's for me anyway.

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well ! I went the other way from Abasaglar to Levemir.
I had to split the dose because for me, Abasaglar never lasted 24hrs. Also I found that my backround glucose levels were not very flat and I much prefer Levemir - less hypo's for me anyway.

Ahhh I see! It was only last week I was put on it so I will just monitor it for now & see what happens.