Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Though I don't have any experience of this plan
Either way, the bulk of my post had very little to do with this specific diet

I think that’s the point behind some of the pushback. The OP asked for personal exepriences of this strategy and details of results.

Nothing wrong at all with having opinions, but they need to be appropriately placed and relevant to the thread at hand. And where personal experience isn’t involved, then provision of links/evidence to back up a challenge or alternative viewpoint is best practice and in line with the forum ethos.

Beating-My-Betes

I think that’s the point behind some of the pushback. The OP asked for personal exepriences of this strategy and details of results.

Nothing wrong at all with having opinions, but they need to be appropriately placed and relevant to the thread at hand. And where personal experience isn’t involved, then provision of links/evidence to back up a challenge or alternative viewpoint is best practice and in line with the forum ethos.

You're right. Sorry for the derail.

Last edited:

Lilylala

The link you have is not a secure site so won't let you on if you have got home security ....... Andy _ warlow

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link you have is not a secure site so won't let you on if you have got home security ....... Andy _ warlow

Is your security set really high? this is what I get
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 16.18.13.png

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't read the book, but I did try waiting until my BGs were low to eat some years ago when someone suggested on a thread (not the thread already mentioned here). It didn't work for me, my BGs kept going up and if I exercised to try to bring them down they went up even more.

Since then my lowest BG of the day usually occurs at around 4 pm, but I am not usually hungry until 5 or 6 pm, so I just eat when I am hungry, even though my liver has helped out and my BGs are on the way back up by 5 pm anyway. Since I switched to eating mostly unprocessed low carb foods my hunger levels have dropped so that normally I am happy with one meal a day, plus a snack maybe for hungrier days. I find this much easier, and more natural than testing my BGs to decide when to eat.

I agree with what @Beating-My-Betes said in post #8, particularly this bit...

"And this idea seems to 'miss the forest, for the trees'. Control of blood-sugar levels would ideally come from a multi-tiered approach, to include adequate sleep, rest, hydration, movement, exercise, getting a 'bit of sun', reduction of screen-time etc. In addition to this, reduction of stress is important, whether it be by spending more time-in-nature and/or cultivating a feeling of gratitude. Assuming a general shift to whole, or minimally-processed foods, getting as many of those non-dietary 'ducks' in a row as possible will provide the kind of (w)holistic support structure for a healthful life."

So many things affect BGs, food is just one of them.