Libre 1 with miaow miaow versus libre 2 without?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I have the libre 1 with miaow miaow attached and like the set up for accuracy but the miaow miaow battery life and the fact it gets unstuck twice a week has made me consider the libre 2 without the miaow miaow.
The alarm on the miaow miaow has become a life changer for me and still marvel at it every day.
To put that into context i have been a type 1 for 46 years.

I believe the miaow miaow will work with the libre 2 but i don't want to use it unless i have to.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Want app are you using today to read your MiaoMiao?

Like you, I used Libre 1 with Miaomiao but got frustrated when the battery wasn't lasting.
I upgraded to Libre 2 and was delighted to ditch the Miaomiao.
With my first Libre 2, I used the LibreLink app. The alarms were great but I missed being able to glance at the lock screen of my phone to see my current reading and without the ability to calibrate, I didn't trust the readings so I reverted to xDrip+ and used the OOP2 app to hijack the Libre Bluetooth signal.

I am happy with my set up now and delighted not to have to deal with the Miaomiao charging.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Want app are you using today to read your MiaoMiao?

Like you, I used Libre 1 with Miaomiao but got frustrated when the battery wasn't lasting.
I upgraded to Libre 2 and was delighted to ditch the Miaomiao.
With my first Libre 2, I used the LibreLink app. The alarms were great but I missed being able to glance at the lock screen of my phone to see my current reading and without the ability to calibrate, I didn't trust the readings so I reverted to xDrip+ and used the OOP2 app to hijack the Libre Bluetooth signal.

I am happy with my set up now and delighted not to have to deal with the Miaomiao charging.

Thank you for responding...

I use the xdrip+ which i do like.
I am not the most tech type person.....are you saying if i download this 00p2 app with the xdrip+ app i can calibrate.
I like that idea however how does 2 different apps work??
Sorry if i'm being thick.

Thank you

Tony

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for responding...

I use the xdrip+ which i do like.
I am not the most tech type person.....are you saying if i download this 00p2 app with the xdrip+ app i can calibrate.
I like that idea however how does 2 different apps work??
Sorry if i'm being thick.

Thank you

Tony
If you join the xDrip facebook group (it is a closed group but they seem to accept everyone who asks), there is a document under the Files tab which explains how to set up OOP2 with Libre 2 and carry on using xDrip+ as you have been with Libre 1 and Miaomiao.
OOP2 works by hijacking the Bluetooth signal from Libre (you need to ensure the LibreLink app is not receiving it) and directing it to xDrip+. OOP2 does nothing else.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
If you join the xDrip facebook group (it is a closed group but they seem to accept everyone who asks), there is a document under the Files tab which explains how to set up OOP2 with Libre 2 and carry on using xDrip+ as you have been with Libre 1 and Miaomiao.
OOP2 works by hijacking the Bluetooth signal from Libre (you need to ensure the LibreLink app is not receiving it) and directing it to xDrip+. OOP2 does nothing else.

Hi again and thank you again
That seems straightforward i will do as you suggest.
I have a week left on my existing sensor so have time to prepare.

Tony

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the libre 1 with miaow miaow attached and like the set up for accuracy but the miaow miaow battery life and the fact it gets unstuck twice a week has made me consider the libre 2 without the miaow miaow.
The alarm on the miaow miaow has become a life changer for me and still marvel at it every day.
To put that into context i have been a type 1 for 46 years.

I believe the miaow miaow will work with the libre 2 but i don't want to use it unless i have to.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

If like me you don't get on with Facebook there are full instructions how to setup L2 with xdrip on the page below.

https://www.minimallooper.com/post/...to-use-a-native-bluetooth-connection-in-xdrip

Reactions: Tony337

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If like me you don't get on with Facebook there are full instructions how to setup L2 with xdrip on the page below.

https://www.minimallooper.com/post/...to-use-a-native-bluetooth-connection-in-xdrip

Thanks. I have had a read of the attached link. Forgive me if I have misunderstood it, However, if I have understood correctly if you follow the instructions suggested, it means that if you use a smartphone data won't get sent to Libreview via Librelink. Is that right?

If I have understood correctly, how do those who have agreed as a condition of getting the Libre 2 on prescription on the NHS ensure a continuous amount of data is available for healthcare teams to look at is always available to view on Libreview?

Lakeslover

I use an iPhone with libre2, I don’t have a reader. I have Bluetooth disconnected in the libre app, and diabox is connected instead.

As long as you scan in librelink with your smartphone every 8 hours the data will automatically upload to libreview even if the libre app is not connected to the Bluetooth. Diabox continuously reads the sensor and displays the result on my phone and on my Apple Watch face.

Reactions: dazz94 and Tony337

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use an iPhone with libre2, I don’t have a reader. I have Bluetooth disconnected in the libre app, and diabox is connected instead.

As long as you scan in librelink with your smartphone every 8 hours the data will automatically upload to libreview even if the libre app is not connected to the Bluetooth. Diabox continuously reads the sensor and displays the result on my phone and on my Apple Watch face.

Thanks. I use an android phone. I also have miaomiao2 which I don't mind using provided the setup isn't too intricate.

What I don't want is to run into issues with the sensor maker.

I'm sure the process mentioned in the link works, but it sounds very convolouted to do every time a sensor is changed.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's what I thought, but I'm now on my third Libre 2, and my experience so far has been:

I was using miaomiao with xdrip and Libre 1. On the day before my first Libre 2 was due to finish I followed the instructions of the link above and connected Libre 2 to xdrip with Oops 2. This has been the only time I've had to go through the set up procedure.

Sensors 2 and 3 I've simply applied, scanned with the Libre scanner, waited an hour and then started new sensor on xdrip. I'm not using miaomiao 2 any longer, and most of the time it stays connected to xdrip. Any time it doesn't I just scan with my phone and it fills in the gaps.

Reactions: dazz94