Annoying libre 2 alarms

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm almost at the end of my 2nd libre 2 sensor and the lost signal alarms are driving me mad. I use the reader and it's forever vibrating at me. Sometimes I'm in another room but sometimes it's on the sofa next to me. Today I scanned, went into the kitchen and 3-4 minutes later it was vibrating with a lost signal alarm. It's meant to be 20 minutes isn't it? :banghead:
I have decent hypo awareness so don't need to rely on the low BG alarms, usually when I get a high BG alarm it's when I've eaten so I know I'm spiking. I'm seriously considering turning the alarms off because for every 100 alarms only 1 is actually useful.
Any suggestions? What can I do? I'm sure putting it in a pocket would stop a lot of the alarms, but as a female very few of my clothes have pockets :arghh:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why not only turn the alarm for lost signal off and keep the ones for high and low BG?
I know many people turn the signal loss alarm off within a day!

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well @Antje77 now I feel silly, I didn't realise you could do that! I thought you had to have the lost signal alarm to have the others!? That's so daft. Thank you!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well @Antje77 now I feel silly, I didn't realise you could do that! I thought you had to have the lost signal alarm to have the others!? That's so daft. Thank you!
Not laughing at you!
I had to choose between the 'funny' and the 'friendly' symbols, but as your reaction made me laugh I went with the funny :)

Enjoy the peace!

Reactions: sleepster

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldn't have blamed you if you were laughing at me, I should have read the instructions properly :D
Thanks again @Antje77 :)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Be aware @sleepster if you turn off the loss of signal alarm, you risk missing the high and low alarms. This may not be an issue due to your hypo awareness.
If your reader loses signal, it will not reconnect the Bluetooth until you scan.

Reactions: Tony337

kiritshah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been provided with a new Libre 2 read as my surgery decided to provide Libre 2 instead of Libre disc as before saying it has been discontinued.
Abbott said it has NOT been discontinued.
Decided to try the new meterbut am finding it is giving me very high readings and compared to me doing BG test on the same meter there is a difference of 5 to 8!
I do not think this meter is accurate and have asked to talk to a manager and make a complaint as I do not want to start adjusting my insulin doses when the meter is actually giving false high readings and then getv a chance of getting a hypo.
What is the experience of other users?
Should I revert back to original Libre disc as I felt that actually gave me more accurate readings and I could rely on it!?

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Be aware @sleepster if you turn off the loss of signal alarm, you risk missing the high and low alarms. This may not be an issue due to your hypo awareness.
If your reader loses signal, it will not reconnect the Bluetooth until you scan.
I don’t think that’s true, mine reconnects automatically when it’s in range. I have also turned off the annoying signal loss alarm without any dire consequences. However, the issue of random false alarms remains!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Decided to try the new meterbut am finding it is giving me very high readings and compared to me doing BG test on the same meter there is a difference of 5 to 8!
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor, can happen with both the Libre 1 and the Libre 2. Just call the number for Abbott (the manufacturer) and they'll send you a new sensor after you've explained the issue.
Don't take this sensor off before calling, they might want you to do some additional tests.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been provided with a new Libre 2 read as my surgery decided to provide Libre 2 instead of Libre disc as before saying it has been discontinued.
Abbott said it has NOT been discontinued.
I do not think this meter is accurate and have asked to talk to a manager and make a complaint as I do not want to start adjusting my insulin doses when the meter is actually giving false high readings and then getv a chance of getting a hypo.
What is the experience of other users?
Should I revert back to original Libre disc as I felt that actually gave me more accurate readings and I could rely on it!?
Libre2 is supposed to be more accurate than Libre1, however it still needs to ‘bed in’ for a day or so. You could apply the new sensor the day before the current one expires without activating it.

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd give anything if I could get the Libre 2 alarms to alarm on my phone!

Had three conversations today with sensor maker customer services; the last one not very helpful (other than to offer replacement sensor).

Customer services of my phone maker have done some checks and they are happy my phone's bluetooth is working properly as it pairs happily with other devices. They think either the battery in the Libre 2 sensor or the bluetooth device in the sensor isn't working properly because it won't pair with the bluetooth in my phone.