Hi to all

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

I have taken my 16 units of novomix half an our ago and ive just tested bs again 24.3 same as it was before i took it why hasnt it gone down i dont understand it should be lower by now.
(Why hasnt it worked)

Its supposed to work in 20 mins.

Sparklebright62.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have taken my 16 units of novomix half an our ago and ive just tested bs again 24.3 same as it was before i took it why hasnt it gone down i dont understand it should be lower by now.
(Why hasnt it worked)

Sparklebright62.

Hi there, I'm not sure how novomix works but I use novarapid and although that's referred to as generally taking around 20 minutes to work, what I think they actually mean by that is that it starts to work after 20 minutes, meaning your levels do not immediately drop dead on 20 minutes, sometimes mine don't start to drop after insulin for up to an hour, it all depends. x

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When your blood sugar is very high it increases insulin resistance, so it takes longer for the insulin to work to reduce your blood sugar. Maybe test again in an hour or two.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Why hasnt it worked)

Sparklebright62.

Hi Sparklebright,

The trick is to keep testing. Your Novomix 30 appears to be a blend of fast acting & a longer acting basal.
To be quite frank you might not see a turnaround for about an hour, maybe 2? Let alone a drop to an acceptable level.?

What time did you have tea? & what was it? I notice you posted nearly 2 hours ago. What are your BGs now?

Reactions: EllieM
D

Deleted member 538891

My bgs went down to 14.6 then went down to 12.1 after a further 2 hours so suppose i need more insulin.
Wont get to check in with diabetes nurse till next week but i have lost more weight which i think is good.

Sparklebright62

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bgs went down to 14.6 then went down to 12.1 after a further 2 hours so suppose i need more insulin.
Wont get to check in with diabetes nurse till next week but i have lost more weight which i think is good.

Sparklebright62
Hi,

Sounding promising.. What were they this morning?

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

This morning they were 12.1 i checked earlier after tea i had boiled egg & a bit of s cream they were 24.4.
Hopefully gone down by now i will check.

Sparklebright62.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

Just checked an hour later 26.4 how did that happen!!!!!! this is confusing and i have been to sleep 2 already......

Sparklebright62