What has to go in the hold and what in hand luggage?

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

I have a major trip coming up and I’m packing times three in case the country that I’m visiting ended up on the red list or they shut their boarders.

Please can you tell me what I can put in my suitcase and what has to go in my hand luggage.

Insulin
Freestyle libre
Test strips
Iport advance

Thanks

NC

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Everything, and I mean everything, related to diabetes goes in your hand luggage.
You have no control over anything that goes in the hold, including whether it makes it to your destination.

And don’t forget hypo treatment for the trip.

I always take a letter from my doctor in case anyone complains. This has only happened a couple of times in hundreds of flights but better to have the letter and not need it than have your life saving medication confiscated.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If I needed to put some items in the hold then what could go there?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
If I needed to put some items in the hold then what could go there?
Why would you need to put items in the hold?
Most airlines allow extra hand luggage free of charge for diabetes equipment. You might need a letter from your doctor though, and you'd best contact the airline beforehand, so you know what is needed to take everything with you.
https://www.t1resources.uk/resource...ional-luggage-allowance-for-medical-supplies/

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @NaijaChick ,

My take on it when traveling. Is I carry my "life support" or quality of life in my hand luggage.

Enjoy your trip. :)

Reactions: NaijaChick