Type 1 Fiasp insulin vs Act rapid experiencing loss of effectiveness

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have been using Fiasp in Omnipod since 2019 . Initially worked within 15 minutes. Effectiveness now much slower 3-4 hours before BG reduces. Has anyone successfully changed back to Nova Rapid?
I am about to try Nova rapid in Omnipod firstly in same / then different area to usual sites (although only 1 area left/ due to 56 years of injections )Unsure whether problem is effectiveness and or Pod sites.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Have been using Fiasp in Omnipod since 2019 . Initially worked within 15 minutes. Effectiveness now much slower 3-4 hours before BG reduces. Has anyone successfully changed back to Nova Rapid?
I am about to try Nova rapid in Omnipod firstly in same / then different area to usual sites (although only 1 area left/ due to 56 years of injections )Unsure whether problem is effectiveness and or Pod sites.
Hi, I don't have experience of fiasp but using novorapid in omnipod dash & it works well, in case it is fatty lumps have you tried using upper arms, not very attractive but is effective?

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I don't have experience of fiasp but using novorapid in omnipod dash & it works well, in case it is fatty lumps have you tried using upper arms, not very attractive but is effective?
I use Libre on arms, unfortunately with 56 years of injections sites are a problem. About to try back of waist but not great with waist bands or easy to get to. Thanks for suggestion do occasionally use an arm .

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I use Libre on arms, unfortunately with 56 years of injections sites are a problem. About to try back of waist but not great with waist bands or easy to get to. Thanks for suggestion do occasionally use an arm .
I've just taken one off my back just above my waist & it worked well. Had to get my daughter to remove it for me as it was tricky. I don't like using my arm but when I do I just use opposite arm to libre. Im 31 years in to the slog oc diabetes. Hope it improves for you.

Reactions: Heathero

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just taken one off my back just above my waist & it worked well. Had to get my daughter to remove it for me as it was tricky. I don't like using my arm but when I do I just use opposite arm to libre. Im 31 years in to the slog oc diabetes. Hope it improves for you.
Have now put Omnipod on lower back absorption much improved last few days/ odd hypo but no extended highs following meals. Next pod on used site then comparison complete.. Will also again use Fiasp on new site to ensure causative factor/ factors. Download and discuss / try for a phone appointment at Diabetes centre. Which are overdue currently.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Have now put Omnipod on lower back absorption much improved last few days/ odd hypo but no extended highs following meals. Next pod on used site then comparison complete.. Will also again use Fiasp on new site to ensure causative factor/ factors. Download and discuss / try for a phone appointment at Diabetes centre. Which are overdue currently.
Hi, hope you get an appointment ♥️