Feeling scared

AnnM99

I am a T2, diagnosed 3 months ago.
I'm on Metformin 2000mg.
Husband ill, just got confirmation he has covid. We're both double jabbed but feeing apprehensive for him and myself as a diabetic. Told him to stay in a room and wear a mask. Don't want to catch. Any advice.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a T2, diagnosed 3 months ago.
I'm on Metformin 2000mg.
Husband ill, just got confirmation he has covid. We're both double jabbed but feeing apprehensive for him and myself as a diabetic. Told him to stay in a room and wear a mask. Don't want to catch. Any advice.
Hi Ann sorry to hear about your husband being ill. You dont say if he has other medical issues but since you are both double jabbed you should only get a low load of virus. My advice from one diabetic to another would be keep the tightest BG control you possibly can. If you dont have a meter I strongly suggest you get one. Home Health do reasonable ones and strips and if you tick the box as diabetic you wont pay VAT. Read around the forum for more information. Or come back with any specific questions about diabetes. Best wishes

Reactions: AnnM99

AnnM99

Thank you.
He is an asthmatic so watching him carefully, at a distance.
I do have a machine and bs stable. Will test more frequently but 6.2 fasting this morning. Not much else we can do other than hope for a mild dose. I'm still negative.

Jo123

Hi Ann, sending you a hug, try not to worry too much though, I know easier said than done. The odds of your husband being seriously ill are very small as he is double jabbed.
Make sure you keep the windows open at least a little to get ventilation in your home. Can he sleep in a separate room? I'd get an oximeter to keep an eye on your husband's oxygen levels. My friend who had covid found it really reassuring when she felt very breathless to see her oxygen levels were normal.

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d both wear masks, wait 10 mins before entering rooms after him, increase ventilation, and agree re oximeter. I do know of one couple where the husband got Covid and wife and child managed not to, but being apart as much as possible was key!
I know that you’re less likely to be seriously ill if jabbed but you can get long Covid from even a mild case — hopefully won’t be relevant for you but I think you’re wise to take as much care as possible.