Libre 2 alarms

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone

Today I have started using the libre 2 for the 1st time.

My DS explained about the alarms and set up the high/lows on the app.
I have applied the sensor and scanned and the reading was 16. There was no alarm, only a notification on my phone.

So, here are my questions:
Should my phone make a noise to indicate high/low sugars between readings?

Once an alarm has gone off, will it recognise the blood sugars changing and if they don't, will it alarm again?

I know I have to be within 5 meters of my phone, my blue tooth is on and volume turned up.
If anyone could give me more information on the alarms, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Lakeslover

Yes, there should be a noise as well. If you tell us what type of phone you have someone might be able to help with the settings you need.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you start the sensor with the phone or with the Libre reader. Alarms only come from the reader if you start with that.
If you started with phone, do you have Bluetooth switched on and Location services enabled for LibreLink.

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you start the sensor with the phone or with the Libre reader. Alarms only come from the reader if you start with that.
If you started with phone, do you have Bluetooth switched on and Location services enabled for LibreLink.
Thank you for your responses.
I can confirm that it is making a noise. Scared the life out of me!
I am trying to work with the libre, cars and cals and mylife app. So far I have caused a massive hypo! Can only get better. At least I had the alarm.

Lakeslover

Pleased you got it to work.
Remember if the libre does alert you to a high or low to check with your meter, it is different for everyone but may not be totally accurate. Mine can be between one and two points out at high and how levels.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your responses.
I can confirm that it is making a noise. Scared the life out of me!
I am trying to work with the libre, cars and cals and mylife app. So far I have caused a massive hypo! Can only get better. At least I had the alarm.
You shouldn’t have a ‘massive’ hypo with the low alarm on - unless you set the low alarm too low.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Half the time mine only alarms when too high. It's normally quite late to tell me when too low. I no longer use the alarm function. Just test regular in the day instead.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Half the time mine only alarms when too high. It's normally quite late to tell me when too low. I no longer use the alarm function. Just test regular in the day instead.
Maybe you could set the low a bit higher - say 4.5?

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone

Today I have started using the libre 2 for the 1st time.

My DS explained about the alarms and set up the high/lows on the app.
I have applied the sensor and scanned and the reading was 16. There was no alarm, only a notification on my phone.

So, here are my questions:
Should my phone make a noise to indicate high/low sugars between readings?

Once an alarm has gone off, will it recognise the blood sugars changing and if they don't, will it alarm again?

I know I have to be within 5 meters of my phone, my blue tooth is on and volume turned up.
If anyone could give me more information on the alarms, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi. I use an I-Phone 11 withe app and with the sound turned on it certainly makes a loud noise when going high or low. It does repeat again until I use the app to check. I hope this helps