Insulin and Blood Pressure

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Lantus and NovoRapid.
I also take Ramapril to lower my blood pressure. Before I took this, my blood pressure was 185/120. Now, it is between 125 and 135 over 85 and 90.

For the past few days, I am noticing I am getting a bit dizzy at times. Not really badly but a bit. My eyes also go a bit shaky. I tested my glucose, which was fine. I tested my ketones, which were fine. However, when I tested my blood pressure, it was between 90 and 95 over 60 and 65.

Is there a link between my insulin usage and lower blood pressure?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a link between my insulin usage and lower blood pressure?
I don't know, so I'm just doing a wild guess here.
Can it be that with the insulin your blood glucose has come down, which reduces stress on your body, which in turn has lowered your bp?

edit: I'd contact your doctor on this tomorrow, with your BP being lower than what is normal for you, especially with the getting dizzy, your medication may need adjustment.

Reactions: bellapodus

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know, so I'm just doing a wild guess here.
Can it be that with the insulin your blood glucose has come down, which reduces stress on your body, which in turn has lowered your bp?

edit: I'd contact your doctor on this tomorrow, with your BP being lower than what is normal for you, especially with the getting dizzy, your medication may need adjustment.

Good point. Makes sense.
Thank you for your reply

Reactions: Antje77

Je21

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hey I know this is an old thread I just wondered if you got an answer from your GP about this as I’m experiencing something similar?