searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’m type 2 diabetic , I want to buy a diabetes medicine bag ! Could anyone recommend a decent medicine bag I can buy ?
Elite bags Isothermal Multi Compartment Shoulder Bag for something a little bigger it's about small camera bag size

they do a smaller one sort of pencil case size with 2 compartments

quality is quite good

I've bough more than a dozen kit bags over the years but keep drifting back to these 2

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find dedicated duabetes bags are very expensive for what they are.
Something like a pencil case is much cheaper, you have more choice and is just as good.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a $2.00 cold bag from a chicken shop at the local shopping centre to keep all of my medication in, there's room in the bag to put my meter in as well.

Handy to take into hospital as well, everythings is together, just zip the top up and away you go.

NuDmVVo.jpg

Reactions: NicoleC1971

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m type 2 diabetic , I want to buy a diabetes medicine bag ! Could anyone recommend a decent medicine bag I can buy ?

Hi there, to be honest any old bag would do, such as a child's rucksack type or just a small back pack. No need to spend 3 times as much for one specifically designed to carry 'medicine'.

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
I try to stick it all in my pockets!
Biggest item is the bag of jelly babies, (it depends on what I'm doing whether or not I take finger prick gear).
Phone is a must as I've got a Libre.
My insulin pen cool pouch can hold a couple of spare needles, spare cartridge if needed and my Tresiba pen if I'm on call for work.
But, I agree with all of the other comments about any bag will do the job, cool bag for insulin.
And, you can't beat a well organized pair of cargo shorts or trousers!
20211021_165159.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
What aree these for? Why would a T2 need one? Do you have to carry a cooler for your insulin?
Cooler is not needed most of the time... I would use one on very hot days as insulin can be damaged by heat... which is why spare insulin is stored in a fridge.. its also stored in a fridge at the pharmacy.... but most of the time you wouldn't need to carry a Cooler

As for why.. if you have a bg meter.. test strips lancet etc... maybe tablets or insulin it's a nice way to keep stuff organised... and if everything stored safely together it's easy when going out only 1 thing to grab... also keeping things neat and tidy helps keep an eye on supplies so you re-order on time

Other reasons.. personal preference... women could just chuck if all in their handbag but men don't typically have them