Freestyle libre 2

Gafspa

I had a faulty sensor that fell off after 2 days. The adhesive was still on my arm but the sensor not attached. Rang and got a new one that arrived today, however it won’t scan. Just on a loop to restart sensor and that it’s not properly attached but is….

Any advice?

I can’t possibly be so unlucky to have two faulty sensors in row!?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I guess it's possible. Were they the same lot number? The only thing you can do is ring Abbott, and ask for a replacement. Other people have posted similar issues on here. You may like to use skin tac or a patch over the next sensor to stop it falling off, some find that useful.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Gafspa

You could be that unlucky. My record is three in a row. Your latest sounds like my last one.Although sensor looked as if it was properly attached however the needle was bent and was therefore not able to insert. This has happened to me several times with Libre 2.

As Hopeful34 suggests contact Abbott again and they will replace the sensor.

Good luck

Gafspa

Hi Gafspa

You could be that unlucky. My record is three in a row. Your latest sounds like my last one.Although sensor looked as if it was properly attached however the needle was bent and was therefore not able to insert. This has happened to me several times with Libre 2.

Good luck

I’ve taken it out and it looks as exactly as you’ve described.
I think the filament hasn’t penetrated through skin which is why it’s not reading.

I’ll ring again in morning and continue finger pricking.

Technology- great when it works.

Gafspa

Hi Gafspa

Good luck

Also have you had any trouble getting replacements?
I’ve only done it once and that was easy but wasn’t sure if they can funny if you have a bad run?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Gafspa

I have not have not had any problems getting replacements. The only issue I had was sending back the faulty sensor. They send a return label with the replacement but the Post Office say they no longer accept these. The member of staff at Abbott said they were aware of this and they were looking to find a solution. They suggested I either pay to send back the sensor or hold onto it till they find a solution !!!

Good luck with this

Gafspa

Hi Gafspa

I have not have not had any problems getting replacements. The only issue I had was sending back the faulty sensor. They send a return label with the replacement but the Post Office say they no longer accept these. The member of staff at Abbott said they were aware of this and they were looking to find a solution. They suggested I either pay to send back the sensor or hold onto it till they find a solution !!!

Good luck with this

Thank you, I’ve just rung and sending me a new one.
Apparently it’s my first time ringing as I wasn’t registered!
I wasn’t aware to keep on to faulty sensor and it’s already in my sharps bin so I don’t have that inconvenience this time!

Thank you again for support.