COVID Booster and spike in blood glucose levels

Tofino

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Question has anyone experienced a spike in blood glucose levels after COVID booster? I had mine on Monday and since then I have had unexplained spikes. The only change has been my booster. I was wondering if anyone else had had a similar experiences.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Welcome @Tofino
Yes you are not alone, lots of people have reported higher levels after both the vaccinations and the booster

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine a week ago and have felt a bit peculiar since.
I don't really test these days but have definitely been feeling tired and foggy which can indicate high glucose.
I've also been a bit chesty and wheezy which isn't nice.

I think these jabs affect us in more ways than some people want to admit.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had both the vaccinations and the booster with no rise in BG levels on any of them, and no side effects other than a mildly sore arm and a bit of a headache after the first one.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is not an unusual reaction to any jabs or drugs.
There are many things which can affect our blood sugars including stress, weather, time of year, time of day, exercise, ...

Tofino

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have had both the vaccinations and the booster with no rise in BG levels on any of them, and no side effects other than a mildly sore arm and a bit of a headache after the first one.
Cheers for getting back to me. Really appreciate feed back. In the past my diabetes has not been affected by vaccinations either but there had been no other changes and it set me wondering.

Reactions: Bluetit1802