Libre accuracy

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you, they were definitely different batch numbers, 1st one was a libre 2 sent by abbots to replace a faulty sensor, the other was a 1 from the local pharmacy,
Hope you’ve been issued with Libre 2 reader .

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’ve been issued with Libre 2 reader .
Nope, Abbott sent 2 libre 2’s instead of 1’s by mistake then said to send them back & they would send 1’s out, 10 miles round trip to a post office so asked if I could keep them, don’t know if I dare ring again & ask for a reader

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nope, Abbott sent 2 libre 2’s instead of 1’s by mistake then said to send them back & they would send 1’s out, 10 miles round trip to a post office so asked if I could keep them, don’t know if I dare ring again & ask for a reader
Why not send back if you prefer Libre 1 but I find 2 more accurate especially when initially started.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not aware of this 2 a month rule. I usually ask for 6 sensors and get 6. It seems to me your doctor is making up his/her own rules!

It seems to me a much better arrangement to have a number of sensors with one prescription because as we all know, sometimes the sensors are duds, and we need to have them replaced. I would put this to your doctor, and see if you can have at least 4 each time?

Lucky you....some of us can't get any, and end up having to self-fund.........GP's are only supposed to prescribe what you need of ANY prescribed item in small amounts, to cut back on expense and waste within the NHS.....