Libre pain

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I have used a libre since October have a couple of dodgy ones which got replaced by Abbott I have used the same arm each time but I think I may have over used the area as I have had uncomfortable in my arm since I put my sensor in on Monday last week today I had to take it off I couldn't drive for the pain, I was going to try the other arm but I sleep on it any advice

JustLucky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can switch your arm and stick a protective band over the Libre, it helps me with keeping it on.
Also you can try an another place on your body, never tested it myself but people say it's working...

Reactions: Smiler99

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wonder if you hit a nerve when you applied your latest sensor.
I always alternate my arms to give one time to recover for a couple of weeks at a time (and allow one to bed in during the latest sensor last few days).

Whilst you may sleep on your other arm, it is likely there is a part of the arm you do not sleep on. In your situation, I would give it a go.

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I always alternate my arms to give one time to recover for a couple of weeks at a time (and allow one to bed in during the latest sensor last few days).

Whilst you may sleep on your other arm, it is likely there is a part of the arm you do not sleep on. In your situation, I would give it a go.
Do you have any problems with your sensor going off if your lay on?

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
You can switch your arm and stick a protective band over the Libre, it helps me with keeping it on.
Also you can try an another place on your body, never tested it myself but people say it's working...
Never had any problems with it staying on apart from the first one I found exfoliating gloves work a treat, I made myself a band for exercising just for comfort

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles

I think you could be right about the nerve x

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you have any problems with your sensor going off if your lay on?
No I don't.
I place my sensor on the underneath of my arm so I don't lie on it even when the sensor is on the side I typically sleep on.

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
No I don't.
I place my sensor on the underneath of my arm so I don't lie on it even when the sensor is on the side I typically sleep on.
Thank you it's working brilliant on the other arm only thing is I keep scanning the wrong arm lol

Reactions: In Response

Torres71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first ever Libre 2 on 02/12/21 & it packed up 10 days later. I phoned Abbott & they were very helpful & have sent a replacement. I agree on fitting the Libre on the back of the arm just under the triceps & is out the way when sleeping on my side.

clifft

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive been offered the libre. 2 by my DSN. I have received the kit but have to wait while January to attend a webinar where supposedly i will be fitting the sensor and going over the information needed to use and maintain the system. I have gone through all the libre2 free info videos online. I work outdoors a lot doing ground work and mostly the dirty jobs no one likes, so i am hoping this system will help in getting my bg on an even keel. Does anyone have any advice about the Libre2 and any pitfalls there may be. Btw i am type1 of 20+ years

Mungobean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have been using the Libre since September and have just changed over to the Libre 2.

My thoughts:

It is so useful to see where your numbers are heading, and the Libre 2 has the added bonus of the low glucose alarm.
Be aware that the readings do vary, compared to a finger prick; I will always do a finger prick if I am showing as low, but for example my reader is showing 15 hypos in the last week, whereas I’ve only actually had one.

Think about protecting your sensor - they seem quite fragile to me and since September I have had more sensors replaced than not; Abbott are very good about it. Some people use a dressing; I have a band that I bought off Amazon and I haven’t had a sensor fall off since using that.

There are Abbott videos online that explain everything; I was just sent the reader and a sensor and left to get on with it, and it’s really not hard.

It is wonderful not to have sore fingers from so many finger pricks; when my last sensor failed and I was without for a few days, I certainly missed it! I am lucky in that I am newly diagnosed and have managed to get the Libre prescribed - I am in awe of those who have been finger pricking for years!

Above all, don’t treat the readings as gospel - far better at indicating upward or downward trends - although maybe the Libre 2 will be more accurate ((my first 2 sensor has gone on this morning and for example I have just scanned 7.4, whereas a finger prick showed 8.9 - for me, this is pretty close!)

clifft

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have been using the Libre since September and have just changed over to the Libre 2.

My thoughts:

It is so useful to see where your numbers are heading, and the Libre 2 has the added bonus of the low glucose alarm.
Be aware that the readings do vary, compared to a finger prick; I will always do a finger prick if I am showing as low, but for example my reader is showing 15 hypos in the last week, whereas I’ve only actually had one.

Think about protecting your sensor - they seem quite fragile to me and since September I have had more sensors replaced than not; Abbott are very good about it. Some people use a dressing; I have a band that I bought off Amazon and I haven’t had a sensor fall off since using that.

There are Abbott videos online that explain everything; I was just sent the reader and a sensor and left to get on with it, and it’s really not hard.

It is wonderful not to have sore fingers from so many finger pricks; when my last sensor failed and I was without for a few days, I certainly missed it! I am lucky in that I am newly diagnosed and have managed to get the Libre prescribed - I am in awe of those who have been finger pricking for years!

Above all, don’t treat the readings as gospel - far better at indicating upward or downward trends - although maybe the Libre 2 will be more accurate ((my first 2 sensor has gone on this morning and for example I have just scanned 7.4, whereas a finger prick showed 8.9 - for me, this is pretty close!)

My thoughts:

clifft

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that, yes i understand the difference in readings and would be happy with that. I tend to have a good english breakfast to keep me going all day till i can test myself again. My job isnt the most clean or hygenic so i dont test during the day and rely on my senses to tell me if i stray too low, not the best method i know, which is why i will be glad to get to use the sensor. Its good to know it will be a useful tool. Thanks for your views

Mungobean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that, yes i understand the difference in readings and would be happy with that. I tend to have a good english breakfast to keep me going all day till i can test myself again. My job isnt the most clean or hygenic so i dont test during the day and rely on my senses to tell me if i stray too low, not the best method i know, which is why i will be glad to get to use the sensor. Its good to know it will be a useful tool. Thanks for your views

I love it as a tool. Oh, and don’t forget to scan your sensor last thing before you go to bed, as it retains 8 hours of data, so if you don’t scan last thing at night, you are in danger of losing data.