Tandem t slim control IQ

sammi4688

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have been on the Tandem T-slim control IQ since August and it's really helping me. I am seeing alot of improvements in my blood sugars and I'm gaining alot more confidence.
I just have a couple of issues. I wear the pump on my waist band and working as a nursery nurse I'm constantly bending down etc and it falls off my waist band. My stomach is quite round so the strap that you can wear around your stomach would not be something I could wear that would be comfortable.

Also changing my pump tonight I've gone through four infusion sets as the adhesive wasn't sticking to my skin. I have emailed the company to let them know this but I'm just scared that now I will run out before my next order is due. Could it be. Faulty batch? Has anyone experienced this? Is there any sort of adhesive I can put on before I attach the pump to my skin?

I would be really grateful if anyone can help x
Thanks Sam xx

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't use this pump, but do use skin tac which makes your skin tacky to help cannulas stick better. Funky pumpers is the cheapest place I've found to buy it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sammi4688

sammi4688

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't use this pump, but do use skin tac which makes your skin tacky to help cannulas stick better. Funky pumpers is the cheapest place I've found to buy it. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much I will try this x

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I bought a t1 tactical holster as it has a proper belt loop that can not be pulled off in 14 months I've not had the pump work loose a single time... its not cheap but very much wort every penny

As for adhesive mine always stick if I wash the area first but if you are having issues just order supplies early... maybe another cannula that is applied differently like trusteel

sammi4688

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought a t1 tactical holster as it has a proper belt loop that can not be pulled off in 14 months I've not had the pump work loose a single time... its not cheap but very much wort every penny

As for adhesive mine always stick if I wash the area first but if you are having issues just order supplies early... maybe another cannula that is applied differently like trusteel
Thank you

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
oh just to note a few times my dexcom has started to peel.. I use wig glue to put it back in place.. I don't over patch