Anyone tried slimfast keto shake

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I saw this on offer the other day and thought I’d give it a try as I have terrible problems trying to control my BG. I got the mocha one and am just trying it for the first time. My eating has not been very good the last few days due to decorating so have had yoghurt and berries for breakfast , cheese and biscuits and some nuts and could be bothered cooking so I thought I’d give it a try this evening. Because Ive hardly eaten my sugars are at 7 which is really good for me but I’ll be interested to see if this drink will fill me up and what effect it will have on my sugars.
Ill let you know in a couple of hours.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
I saw this on offer the other day and thought I’d give it a try as I have terrible problems trying to control my BG. I got the mocha one and am just trying it for the first time. My eating has not been very good the last few days due to decorating so have had yoghurt and berries for breakfast , cheese and biscuits and some nuts and could be bothered cooking so I thought I’d give it a try this evening. Because Ive hardly eaten my sugars are at 7 which is really good for me but I’ll be interested to see if this drink will fill me up and what effect it will have on my sugars.
Hi yes I use to drink it that was my favourite flavour now I’ve swapped to phd smart plant protein shake I mix it with almond milk it’s filling it’s on offer in Aldi at the moment and you can whisk it in to a mousse to. You can get in online or in Holland and Barrett’s to.

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
Ive checked my sugars and they went up to 9.2 after 2 hours but after 3 hours it’s down to 8 . So it’s a nice way to get a bit of chocolate into yourself

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I have not tried it but would like to - where did you buy it from?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you post a picture of the ingredients and nutrients label on the back of the pack?
It's probably full of chemically produced synthetic stuff, sweeetners and thickeners, so personally I wouldn't touch it, but if used as a very short term crutch or weight loss short sharp shock it might suit some. Nutritionally it won't have the right mix of proteins and fatsthe body needs

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you post a picture of the ingredients and nutrients label on the back of the pack?
It's probably full of chemically produced synthetic stuff, sweeetners and thickeners, so personally I wouldn't touch it, but if used as a very short term crutch or weight loss short sharp shock it might suit some. Nutritionally it won't have the right mix of proteins and fatsthe body needs
Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 23.21.41.png
Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 23.21.48.png

Possibly not too awful...
I'd still avoid though and either just not eat anything (or have a coffee with cream).

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I bought this this mainly to help me when I needed a bit of a chocolate hit. I’m not a big chocolate eater and am not keen on the dark chocolate but on the odd occasion maybe once a week it stops the craving for something sweet and this certainly hits the mark. But I wont be having it too often