Fathead dough

AnnM99

Hi,
I really fancy making pizza. I've just heard about fathead dough.
My question.... Is this OK for T2s?
Will it raise blood sugars?
Thanks in advance.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's good stuff. Took me a couple of goes to get it right.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fathead dough for pizza and cheese sticks and other baked goods is truly a fantastic tasting alternative to wheat flour pizza bases and doughs. As long as you are tolerant of dairy - as there is a lot of mozzarella cheese in there. But amazes me continually how crisp and scrumptious almond flour and cheese with some egg, and white wine vinegar can be. Yum yum!

RosemaryJackson

hello. where will I find the recipe for fathead dough please? I am only just starting to experiment with different things. Ive made the cheese muffins with ground almonds. I have some coconut flour but haven't used it yet. So any help will be gratefully received.

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
hello. where will I find the recipe for fathead dough please? I am only just starting to experiment with different things. Ive made the cheese muffins with ground almonds. I have some coconut flour but haven't used it yet. So any help will be gratefully received.
There are lots of videos on YouTube. I tend to follow Keto Fitness Club, which is a UK family who are easy to watch and also produce recipe books. I’m not a great cook, but manage to reproduce foods which look similar and quite enjoy.
Happy cooking.

RosemaryJackson

Hi, found the Keto Fitness Club and was delighted to find a great bread recipe. It gives lots and lots of recipes and am so glad BoringBrian pointed me in the right direction.

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
Hi, found the Keto Fitness Club and was delighted to find a great bread recipe. It gives lots and lots of recipes and am so glad BoringBrian pointed me in the right direction.
So pleased you found it useful. I like the what to buy guides for different supermarkets.
It helps to have more meal options, without the carbs and excessive sugar.
I also watch Dennis Pollack videos to remind myself why it’s so important to test regularly.
Best wishes.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The keto fitness club fathead dough freezes well so, as the amount it makes is very filling. Think tea plate sized pizza rather than dinner plate. Roll 2 and put one in the freezer :)