Libre 2 sensor

Jaliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just joined hi all. I'm type 2 my diabetes is very high 10.8. I had horrendous last year but I can see abit light of a very dark tunnel but my diabetes suffered because of this. So I asked my consultant about the libre 2 sensor but unfortunately the nhs dont fund type 2 so I have decided to fund it myself and I must say I'm very impressed and helped me. I have my bloods done next week and will see if my bloods have come down. I get mine from libre site at £48 for 14days. I was at my gp other day about something else but got talking about sensor and he told me that he was told boots do them for £35. So when I got home I rang them to enquire. And the lady said they do buy them in for £35 but sell them for £68 what a rip off how are they allowed to get away with this is beyond me. Something that helps diabetic and would perhaps put less strain on the nhs when complications arise. It all about making money out of the sick. But I will continue to fund for myself cant wait for my bloods to see if it helped me reduce my blood glucose..jane

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair Boots are a business not a charity. Shop around. Before I got them on the NHS I managed to do a deal with my local chemist that my prescriptions go to. Paid £35 at the time. That was a couple of years ago.

Jaliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair Boots are a business not a charity. Shop around. Before I got them on the NHS I managed to do a deal with my local chemist that my prescriptions go to. Paid £35 at the time. That was a couple of years ago.
I know they not a charity and I do get they have make some money but come on 35 profit plus my chemist sell them for 65.
.Type 2 get nothing to help with managing diabetes. Apart from blood machine.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know they not a charity and I do get they have make some money but come on 35 profit plus my chemist sell them for 65.
.Type 2 get nothing to help with managing diabetes. Apart from blood machine.

Hi,

You could try ASDA pharmacy? Last time I was self funding they were around 48 quid? (In fact, if bought one just before Christmas, as I was going away. The current Libre was due to run out & I had no access to my chemist prescription order for replacemts..)

Jaliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

You could try ASDA pharmacy? Last time I was self funding they were around 48 quid? (In fact, if bought one just before Christmas, as I was going away. The current Libre was due to run out & I had no access to my chemist prescription order for replacemts..)
That what I pay on the libre 2 site.

Reactions: Jaylee
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I dont think this is Good enough Why Should Type 2 diabetics have to Fund this themselves its not acceptable at all.
Who do we need yo Contact to Complain about this why Should Tupe 1 s get everything and we have to buy ourselves.

Sparklebright62

Sarahlouxoxo

Hi to all,

I dont think this is Good enough Why Should Type 2 diabetics have to Fund this themselves its not acceptable at all.
Who do we need yo Contact to Complain about this why Should Tupe 1 s get everything and we have to buy ourselves.

Sparklebright62

Are you kidding? Type 1 do not get everything given to them as you so kindly put. Not all type ones get Libre funded and the ones who do get it because if can save our lives whether it’s going into DKA or slipping into a coma when we sleep from low blood sugar. It’s offensive you would even say that. Type 1s cannot change their diet or lifestyle and go into remission like type 2s can. We will never have that light at the end of the tunnel. Type 1 is a life sentence. Think before you speak because you just sound ignorant

Reactions: Mrs HJG

Jaliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you kidding? Type 1 do not get everything given to them as you so kindly put. Not all type ones get Libre funded and the ones who do get it because if can save our lives whether it’s going into DKA or slipping into a coma when we sleep from low blood sugar. It’s offensive you would even say that. Type 1s cannot change their diet or lifestyle and go into remission like type 2s can. We will never have that light at the end of the tunnel. Type 1 is a life sentence. Think before you speak because you just sound ignorant
It not about ignorance it about helping type 2 who struggle with this awful disease type 2 also hereditary like mine is. My son also got diabetes at age of 17yrs 3wks in hospital 4 injections a day then down to 3 tablets to one then none he know in remission we did all the diet eating right at same time he won his battle against type 2 me on the other hand didn't. Type 2 also have the high and the lows mine was 2.9 the other day I have also been 30 high all diabetes struggle with this. The point is everyone should have the right to the new equipment to help with this diabetes disease.

lawrence21360

in wolverhampton libre for type 1 is fre i think ask your council

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The council don't provide it, it's the NHS, and it's still a postcode lottery for type 1's as to whether you get it or not. Hopefully that is changing in April, and more type 2's will also get it.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Before T2s get out of their tree about Libre, how about a bit of complaining about test strips?
Policy is that T2s don't get test strips because "what's the point?".
Unless you are on drugs which carry a hypo risk, of course.

Jaliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Before T2s get out of their tree about Libre, how about a bit of complaining about test strips?
Policy is that T2s don't get test strips because "what's the point?".
Unless you are on drugs which carry a hypo risk, of course.
When I was first diagnosed about 5yrs now and on metformin nurse gave me a metre and test strips and said these have to last you the year was scares to use them. Had awfull side effects from metformin an my diabetes spiral out of control to the point I felt so I'll. Referred to hospital and put me straight on insulin. I told her what nurse had said she was mortified I been told this.