insulin question

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guy wanted to ask has anyone here ever had problem with where there insulin wouldnt work very well for them example changing from novorapid to humalog and found humalog work better?.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have tried Humalog and found NovoRapid works better for me.
This was when I first changed to Fiasp and hadn’t worked out how my body reacted (speed of activation is very dependent on my levels) so I had a trial of Humalog on the suggestion of my DSN because “we are all different “. I quickly reverted to Fiasp as HUmalog was very very slow for me.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have tried Humalog and found NovoRapid works better for me.
This was when I first changed to Fiasp and hadn’t worked out how my body reacted (speed of activation is very dependent on my levels) so I had a trial of Humalog on the suggestion of my DSN because “we are all different “. I quickly reverted to Fiasp as HUmalog was very very slow for me.
hi was it just slow for you or you coudlnt get good control aswell?. with humalog

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi was it just slow for you or you coudlnt get good control aswell?. with humalog
It was too slow for me to get good results with my lifestyle.
I was not able to pre-bolus early enough to not see a significant peak as my life is not predictable so long in advance of eating ... time to eat is not that predictable,

I don't know what you mean by "couldn't get good control" but I avoid using the word "control" as per NHS guidelines because there are too many things about diabetes which cannot be controlled. Sorry one of my soap boxes but I get really annoyed when anyone talks about "diabetes control". Not that I am annoyed with you.