Do you guys have dry skin attacks?

bearek

Hello everyone,

I was never diagnosed with diabetes. One of the doctors said I may have insulin resistance, but others didn't confirm it and I don't know who should I trust, because that doctor was pretty bad.

I wanted to ask you about the dry skin - how does it work with diabetes? I often have "attacks" of dry skin, where for some reason my skin would become almost instantly dry. Dry hands, dull face, flaky skin even in eyebrows area. I also tend to be bloated most of the time. One intimate symptom I experience is that my private parts tend to shrink a lot, like in cold weather. And this part of my body also gets very dry and the skin doesn't seem flexible enough (I'm circumcised). Unfortunately, after talking to dozens of doctors, I still don't know anything, so I guess I need to continue my own research.

I have more weird symptoms, but what drives me insane is that I become "uglier" randomly, with my face looking very tired, sick, puffy and this dry skin. And I still don't know what triggers it. The only things I've been diagnosed with, were neurosis and acid + bile reflux. I cope with my neurosis by overeating sugary things. The doctors confirm that the changes in my face are very significant (I show them photos of various stages), but can't find the cause.

I know that it's easiest to tell me "go to a doctor", but... I did. Too many times already and I kinda lost hope in them. I struggle for about 20 years with this already.

Please let me know if any of these symptoms I described look familiar to you :)

I'm gonna post my test results after getting 75g of glucose:

Glucose:
before eating - 85 mg/dl
after 1h - 173 mg/dl
after 2h - 93 mg/dl

Insulin
before eating - 6,4 uU/ml
after 1h - 84,5 uU/ml
after 2h - 23,6 uU/ml

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

I was never diagnosed with diabetes. One of the doctors said I may have insulin resistance, but others didn't confirm it and I don't know who should I trust, because that doctor was pretty bad.

I wanted to ask you about the dry skin - how does it work with diabetes? I often have "attacks" of dry skin, where for some reason my skin would become almost instantly dry. Dry hands, dull face, flaky skin even in eyebrows area. I also tend to be bloated most of the time. One intimate symptom I experience is that my private parts tend to shrink a lot, like in cold weather. And this part of my body also gets very dry and the skin doesn't seem flexible enough (I'm circumcised). Unfortunately, after talking to dozens of doctors, I still don't know anything, so I guess I need to continue my own research.

I have more weird symptoms, but what drives me insane is that I become "uglier" randomly, with my face looking very tired, sick, puffy and this dry skin. And I still don't know what triggers it. The only things I've been diagnosed with, were neurosis and acid + bile reflux. I cope with my neurosis by overeating sugary things. The doctors confirm that the changes in my face are very significant (I show them photos of various stages), but can't find the cause.

I know that it's easiest to tell me "go to a doctor", but... I did. Too many times already and I kinda lost hope in them. I struggle for about 20 years with this already.

Please let me know if any of these symptoms I described look familiar to you :)

I'm gonna post my test results after getting 75g of glucose:

Glucose:
before eating - 85 mg/dl
after 1h - 173 mg/dl
after 2h - 93 mg/dl

Insulin
before eating - 6,4 uU/ml
after 1h - 84,5 uU/ml
after 2h - 23,6 uU/ml

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The dry skin issue.. what sort of bathing products do you use?

bearek

Hi Jaylee, thanks for replying. I use just regular shower gels, I rotate them as I like trying new things :)

I admit that sometimes after washing hands I get dry skin too, but I feel like this is unrelated. That issue I'm talking about happens usually in the morning or after eating/drinking something.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jaylee, thanks for replying. I use just regular shower gels, I rotate them as I like trying new things :)

I admit that sometimes after washing hands I get dry skin too, but I feel like this is unrelated. That issue I'm talking about happens usually in the morning or after eating/drinking something.

Yeah.. I get gifted wash products as anything edible with diabetes can be tricky..

sometimes though smelling great. Can have an adverse skin reaction. That’s not to say it’s diabetes related. Just me..

Hence my suggestion if products happen to be “experimented with?”

Dry hands.. Where I work, I remove grease using a “swarfega” style product off my hands? This can leave me feeling dry before I even hit the dryer? Though not to the extent of discomfort.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It’s a case of trial and error in finding the right one. I’ve had very dry skin and eczema since birth and use the Sanex Shower gels as my skin doesn’t react to these. I also use Vaseline Intensive care lotion for very dry skin as, again, it’s about the only one that I can use.