Type 1 Survey request for info April 22

Chalky34

I received an email this morning which amongst other topics, ask me to participate in Diabetes UK survey. The heading to this survey ' How is the diabetes Forum working for you? Tell us how your finding it and how we could do better.'

I was quite willing to complete survey especially when i was pointed to choosing the type of diabetes i have. But then it took me to ticking boxes to add those applicable to me from a long list of other ailments.

I chose not to do so but then it would not let me move on to the next question. Yes i could have ticked just one extra box but that wouldnt be giving a true picture.

My medical history is private and in these times of data breaches and personal info being sold on and specifically as I wasn't given any info on what it was being used for or a choice to decline. I did not continue with the survey.

I thought it was a survey about the forum and how to make it better. A better explanation might have encouraged but 2nd question asking for my medical history did not.

Chalky34

I received an email this morning which amongst other topics, ask me to participate in Diabetes UK survey. The heading to this survey ' How is the diabetes Forum working for you? Tell us how your finding it and how we could do better.'

I was quite willing to complete survey especially when i was pointed to choosing the type of diabetes i have. But then it took me to ticking boxes to add those applicable to me from a long list of other ailments.

I chose not to do so but then it would not let me move on to the next question. Yes i could have ticked just one extra box but that wouldnt be giving a true picture.

My medical history is private and in these times of data breaches aynd personal info being sold on and specifically as I wasn't given any info on what it was being used for or a choice to decline. I did not continue with the survey.

I thought it was a survey about the forum and how to make it better. A better explanation might have encouraged but 2nd question asking for my medical history did not.

Yes I

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Chalky34 ,

I didn't get that email so I'm afraid I don't know about the survey.
First, to make sure, did you get the survey from diabetes.co.uk or from diabetes UK (diabetes.org.uk)?
We are the first organisation, the one without the .co is another one.

If it was the first, let me tag @Administrator , who may know more about the survey.

Chalky34

Hi @Chalky34 ,

I didn't get that email so I'm afraid I don't know about the survey.
First, to make sure, did you get the survey from diabetes.co.uk or from diabetes UK (diabetes.org.uk)?
We are the first organisation, the one without the .co is another one.

If it was the first, let me tag @Administrator , who may know more about the survey.
Yes diabetes.co.uk

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
You need to go right down to the bottom of the ailments section and click "nothing diagnosed by a medical person" or something similar.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is being roled out in the usual DCUK newsletter from Charlotte. I got mine just now.

I ticked the hypertension box which is one most T2D suffer from.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It makes sense to ask about comorbidities since there are subthread discussions under discussion, and there are often interactions with other medications, Also some require special diets that may not be compatible with diabetes, There is more to this forum than the title would cover. Even pregnancy, I believe.

I agree that the question in this query would benefit from an opt out button. You could always type MYOB into the [Other] box at the end. Or "Russian Warship" if you feel strongly about it.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My medical history is private and in these times of data breaches and personal info being sold on and specifically as I wasn't given any info on what it was being used for or a choice to decline. I did not continue with the survey.

Simple solution for unsolicited emails is to block them as spam, then delete them.

You can also stop this forum / website from sending emails in your member profile as well, this is what I have done.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just filled in the survey and I too had trouble getting it to accept my answer for question 3. N the end to get it to continue, I actually ticked something I don’t have.