Type 2 diabetes on Metforming

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have a friend whose type 2 & takes Metformin. She's been to a christening & had 2 halves of alcohol, not sure if cider/lager. Also ate some buffet, sandwiches, dinky pork pies, etc. Her meter is saying her BS is Hi. Any ideas how to bring it down?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Did she confirm the result by re washing her hands and repeating the test. Quite often something on your fingers or even a faulty test strip can give a wildly inaccurate result so it always pays to repeat the test. If her high level is confirmed she should seek medical advice

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Also ate some buffet, sandwiches, dinky pork pies, etc. Her meter is saying her BS is Hi. Any ideas how to bring it down?
There is no way to bring it down quick, but if she feels unwell in any way, or if a retest still shows high, by all means have her call 111 for advice!

What are her usual levels like?

Reactions: EllieM

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Out of interest how high does you blood sugar have to go to get a hi warning ? I've used several metres over the years and never seen this .

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of interest how high does you blood sugar have to go to get a hi warning ? I've used several metres over the years and never seen this .
Most meters stop reading at 32mmol/l I think.
The Libre says HI at a somewhat lower number, around 26 if I remember correctly.