Best Libre xDrip bridge device?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After four years' faithful service, I think my trusty BluCon Nightrider has given up the ghost.

What are your recommendations for a replacement bridge device please?

Thanks in advance.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My recommendation would be Libre 2 with the OOP2 app as a bridge and no need for additional hardware.
I used that approach for a couple of years and only changed when I had the option to have a CGM connected to my pump.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After four years' faithful service, I think my trusty BluCon Nightrider has given up the ghost.

What are your recommendations for a replacement bridge device please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

To be fair, if you use the libre 2? The bridges are redundant with xDrip & a patch app apk..
Less faff is Diabox for the L2 direct to phone?

However, I do use a stand alone watch too, that has no option but to use a BT bridge. For that, I got the Bubblan Bubble mini.

If you just use your phone? Save the cash & try either the free patch for xDrip or give the free Diabox a whirl..?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Android or Apple?
Libre 1 or 2?

I use a Libre 2 and a cheap old Samsung with the free DiaBox app, no bridge device.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Android or Apple?
Libre 1 or 2?

I use a Libre 2 and a cheap old Samsung with the free DiaBox app, no bridge device.

Lol, mine was cheap too.. The market is flooded with decent used high end devices that cost nearly 1k on release then traded in favour of the latest.. (mine was.) Reconned to a decent standard & sold for a song..

“virtue signalling” is not my style. But I do like bang for buck… ;)

Reactions: Antje77

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Android or Apple?
Libre 1 or 2?

Yeh, I should've said... I'm currently using Libre 1 but could probably get Libre 2 on prescription if I asked. And I use an Android phone.

Reactions: Antje77

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Jaylee , @In Response and @Antje77 for your helpful replies.

I think my preference would be to use Libre 2 with xDrip via a patch app. Can anyone direct me on how this is done, please?

EDIT: Do I basically just follow this?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think my preference would be to use Libre 2 with xDrip via a patch app. Can anyone direct me on how this is done, please?
I recommend the xDrip facebook group.
It is administer by developers of xDrip who are incredibly helpful when things don't go to plan and contains links to software and documentation under the Files tab.

I know some people are reluctant to use Facebook. If that is the case then sign up with an email you use for the sole purpose of Facebook and only subscribe to that group. You get a lot more help from the dedicated team than from a group of random people with diabetes of which many manage their condition purely by diet.

Reactions: Colin of Kent