Issue with Libre - blank screen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if you click on your initials/picture in the top right corner of the App Store and then click on purchased, you can search for the freestyle app and download from the purchased section, even though you can't find it when you search directly on the App Store.
Well done, going to Purchased on the App Store works and not only that but you now get continuous glucose monitoring which updates every 1 minute ! Who needs Libre 3 !

irfan3

if you click on your initials/picture in the top right corner of the App Store and then click on purchased, you can search for the freestyle app and download from the purchased section, even though you can't find it when you search directly on the App Store.
Thank you so much for this it did work. Was getting worried my sensors were wasted.

Reactions: drahawkins_1973

ColinP650

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Delete the app - then go to appstore - hit your profile and then you can reinstall from your previously purchased apps.
You will lose the data on the phone but if you are syncing to libreview it will still be there. Your existing sensor will still work
When I go to the App Store Libre 2 is no longer visible only Libre 3

Vicki D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I literally just posted about the same thing!!
Yes, I’m having the same problem too. I managed to get through to someone on the phone after being on hold for 2 hours!!!
They have said they updated the app and it’s gone wrong and they have people working on it at the moment. However, they are unsure of when it will be up and running again
Hi - I may be a bit late to the party but I also had the white screen earlier today. Been finger pricking all afternoon and just had chance to look up what issue is. The Libre link site has a short video showing you how to delete the app off your iPhone and how to reinstall it from your ‘purchases’ (as currently not in the App Store) it worked for me and scanned my sensor (still has 10 days left). All up & running again. Had forgotten what a pain it is to do the finger pricking - after 5 years of using Libre & iphone

ColinP650

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Delete the app - then go to appstore - hit your profile and then you can reinstall from your previously purchased apps.
You will lose the data on the phone but if you are syncing to libreview it will still be there. Your existing sensor will still work
Thank you for the advice it is sorted now. Far better advice here than from the manufacturers. I am not impressed with them at all.

Chevyjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou for this I too am suffering with the white screen since midday today, just downloaded the Shuggah app as a temporary fix as reinstalled the app as you all suggested but need to start a new sensor so will use shuggah until mine runs out tomorrow

Thanks to all

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, after a day of toil, there are a number of things I would like to point out and some questions I could do with answers to. Firstly, following the instructions in the video certainly works (Great shame Abbott did not release this sooner). It does seem that if you scan the sensor you already have on your arm with the newly installed Libre app the alarms will not work until, I assume, you put on a new sensor and activate it. As a result, I have again uninstalled the Libre app and got Shuggah back working. It needed a little persistence to get it to reconnect with the Libre 2 sensor and only after turning my phone completely off and back on did the Shuggah app send notifications to my Garmin watch. Comparing readings with my finger prick, Shuggah was very accurate, more so than the Libre app. I’m going to use Shuggah until I change my sensor on Sunday morning. At that point, I will reinstall the Libre app and switch to using that. That seems to be easy to do just by clicking on Bluetooth in the Shuggah app and disconnecting the sensor. As you cannot have the sensor connected to both apps, I’d like to know if there is an easy way to disconnect Bluetooth to the sensor in the Libre app. What then concerns me is, whether this is something you can easily switch between without losing any functionality. Anybody know about this? If you do it by deleting the Libre app, then when you reinstall it, you will lose the alarms until you again, change your sensor, which would not be for two weeks! Provided the new Libre app, once paired to a newly activated sensor, sends very regular data to my Garmin watch, then, apart from the accuracy, Shuggah is probably no longer needed. If your data is shared with medical teams, then you will have to run the Libre app as Shuggah cannot fulfil this requirement and this is something I think you are required to do in order to get Libre 2 sensors on prescription.

Roy_Denstone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Android users seem to have escaped. This is an iOS issue for the new Abbott software.
A simple solution is just to download Shuggah from the Apple Store and use that with your existing sensor until Abbott get their act together.
Abbott farm out their software development and past history has not been good for Apple compatibility. This could take some time so just use a working 3rd party product for the time being.
For android users, in the unlikely event you also have problems with the new software, just use Juggluco .com.
Both Juggluco and Shuggah cope with the current 1 minute sensor output.
Not so I'm afraid, lots of android users in exactly the same position. No reply from Abbott's about when it will be fixed, and more importantly why isn't the previous app version been made available to get folks running again... beyond belief

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, after a day of toil, there are a number of things I would like to point out and some questions I could do with answers to. Firstly, following the instructions in the video certainly works (Great shame Abbott did not release this sooner). It does seem that if you scan the sensor you already have on your arm with the newly installed Libre app the alarms will not work until, I assume, you put on a new sensor and activate it. As a result, I have again uninstalled the Libre app and got Shuggah back working. It needed a little persistence to get it to reconnect with the Libre 2 sensor and only after turning my phone completely off and back on did the Shuggah app send notifications to my Garmin watch. Comparing readings with my finger prick, Shuggah was very accurate, more so than the Libre app. I’m going to use Shuggah until I change my sensor on Sunday morning. At that point, I will reinstall the Libre app and switch to using that. That seems to be easy to do just by clicking on Bluetooth in the Shuggah app and disconnecting the sensor. As you cannot have the sensor connected to both apps, I’d like to know if there is an easy way to disconnect Bluetooth to the sensor in the Libre app. What then concerns me is, whether this is something you can easily switch between without losing any functionality. Anybody know about this? If you do it by deleting the Libre app, then when you reinstall it, you will lose the alarms until you again, change your sensor, which would not be for two weeks! Provided the new Libre app, once paired to a newly activated sensor, sends very regular data to my Garmin watch, then, apart from the accuracy, Shuggah is probably no longer needed. If your data is shared with medical teams, then you will have to run the Libre app as Shuggah cannot fulfil this requirement and this is something I think you are required to do in order to get Libre 2 sensors on prescription.
I’m running both apps at the minute & will continue to do so, the libre app sends readings to my phone but you have to go into the app to see it whereas shugar sends it to my garmin watch & homescreen every minute
I’m going to keep the l alarms off on the libre app when I start a new sensor & have them on shugar

Smunt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have repeatedly had sensor failures. Now the app has failed and I replaced sensors before deleting the app in frustration. Now there is no app which leaves me without blood glucose monitoring. Does anyone know when the app will be made available ? I will be contacting my GP to use another provider as for a company that supply medical devices the situation is disgraceful.

curly

I currently have mine connected successfully to both since yesterday afternoon! After some initial issues with loss of sensor signal, I now seem to be getting the Libre real time readings and alarms despite fact that I’m still on existing sensor and haven’t started a new one. But it seems that you have to open the Libre app every time you want to see a reading, whereas Shuggah sends little messages automatically visible without doing anything, which I personally prefer. So am connected to Libre so the info is coming through for healthcare professionals, but taking the benefit from Shuggah phone notifications. Only thing that’s irritating so far is that the two apps sometimes read up to 2mmol differently.

Reactions: kingsmac

curly

I have repeatedly had sensor failures. Now the app has failed and I replaced sensors before deleting the app in frustration. Now there is no app which leaves me without blood glucose monitoring. Does anyone know when the app will be made available ? I will be contacting my GP to use another provider as for a company that supply medical devices the situation is disgraceful.
Have you tried the reinstallation video and using Shuggah app if this fails so you can at least have access to CGM? Scroll back through the thread for instructions.

curly

when you downloaded the app what did you do next to link it etc
do you have a sort of walk through of what you did

thanks

this would be brill but i cant fathom it out

thanks
Can you get through to the Bluetooth screen on the app? Took me a while to figure out how to get started, but need to get to the Bluetooth screen (Bluetooth symbol at bottom of app Home Screen), then click on the + to select CGM then Freestyle 2 and then scan your sensor. Mine wouldn’t scan first few times, but persevered and it worked. Now I don’t need to scan it again as it’s just transmitting automatically like a proper CGM.

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I currently have mine connected successfully to both since yesterday afternoon! After some initial issues with loss of sensor signal, I now seem to be getting the Libre real time readings and alarms despite fact that I’m still on existing sensor and haven’t started a new one. But it seems that you have to open the Libre app every time you want to see a reading, whereas Shuggah sends little messages automatically visible without doing anything, which I personally prefer. So am connected to Libre so the info is coming through for healthcare professionals, but taking the benefit from Shuggah phone notifications. Only thing that’s irritating so far is that the two apps sometimes read up to 2mmol differently.
Thank you for this, I am now running both apps and finding the same as you that the Libre app always shows a higher reading which is at least 1mmol above Shuggah and sometimes nearer 2mmol. Using finger pricks suggests that Shuggah is the more accurate. This doesn’t make sense since both apps are getting their data from the same sensor! Having the data sent to my Garmin watch is a massive plus. Does anyone know if there is any way (like deleting the Shuggah app before starting a new sensor with Libre) that the Libre app can send data to a Garmin watch at regular intervals? It is also really good that you can adjust how often the Shuggah app sends the data to a watch, this is particularly good when sleeping wearing the watch and when driving, so Abbott need to give this level of functionality; if Shuggah can do it, surely, so can Abbott!

Last edited:
Reactions: curly

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can’t find the libre 2 on the AppStore, only libre 3?
It is not in the App Store using search; to find it go to the App Store, but tap on your photo/icon at the top. Then tap on ‘purchased’, then, on ‘my purchases’ (that might show immediately) and scroll down the list, until you find ‘FreeStyle LibreLink-GB’ and tap on the ‘cloud’ icon next to it and wait for it to download. That is how you reinstall it. I assume Abbott will make it available again to an ordinary App Store search in the near future.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for this, I am now running both apps and finding the same as you that the Libre app always shows a higher reading which is at least 1mmol above Shuggah and sometimes nearer 2mmol. Using finger pricks suggests that Shuggah is the more accurate. This doesn’t make sense since both apps are getting their data from the same sensor! Having the data sent to my Garmin watch is a massive plus. Does anyone know if there is any way (like deleting the Shuggah app before starting a new sensor with Libre) that the Libre app can send data to a Garmin watch at regular intervals? It is also really good that you can adjust how often the Shuggah app sends the data to a watch, this is particularly good when sleeping wearing the watch and when driving, so Abbott need to give this level of functionality; if Shuggah can do it, surely, so can Abbott!
I don’t think the libre app can send readings to watches which is why I’m keeping both
I agree the shugar is more accurate than libre compared to finger pricks, virtually identical,
Didn’t know you could change how often shugar sends notifications through, wear watch all night & didn’t feel it vibrate once,
I’ll have a play around with it later as distracting when driving
Thank you for pointing that out

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t think the libre app can send readings to watches which is why I’m keeping both
I agree the shugar is more accurate than libre compared to finger pricks, virtually identical,
Didn’t know you could change how often shugar sends notifications through, wear watch all night & didn’t feel it vibrate once,
I’ll have a play around with it later as distracting when driving
Thank you for pointing that out

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Open the Shuggah app and tap on settings at the bottom right and you will see one of the options is ‘notification interval’. Tap on this and then put in the number of minutes you want between each notification. It is really good.