Issue with Libre - blank screen

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone else having an issue with the app today? I’ve just got a blank screen. I’ve tried off loading the app multiple times. If I delete I don’t think my sensor (which still has 8 days on it) will work and will have to use a fresh on! Can’t get through on helpline as it says office closed.
IMG_7886.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,

There was a recent update, I believe. Have you updated the LL app?

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is anyone else having an issue with the app today? I’ve just got a blank screen. I’ve tried off loading the app multiple times. If I delete I don’t think my sensor (which still has 8 days on it) will work and will have to use a fresh on! Can’t get through on helpline as it says office closed. View attachment 61917
Mines working as normal, but when I’ve gone to update it on the App Store the app isn’t there
Think the helpline opens at 8am

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have just posted the same. I had white screen and app crashing so restarted my phone and still the same. I uninstalled it so I could reinstall but can't find it in the app store either searching or via the link from the Abbott website - says not available in my country (I'm in UK)

Reactions: GuidingSenses

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have auto updates on - it’s fully updated. Even shut phone down and back on. Im on another libre specific forum and others having same issue - one deleted app and can’t find it now on App Store as you say. Having to go back to BG. Libre will need to replace these sensors taken off. Last time I called their helpline it was exactly 57 mins !!

Reactions: Vintage Toots

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've filled in a web contact form - different to the one for failed sensors.

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have just posted the same. I had white screen and app crashing so restarted my phone and still the same. I uninstalled it so I could reinstall but can't find it in the app store either searching or via the link from the Abbott website - says not available in my country (I'm in UK)
So frustrating given their income that support is so limited

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is for an iphone - is it also an issue on Android? I may be able top find an old Android phone

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
on the phone to Abbott now - but can hardly hear the person and have now been put on hold

Reactions: Getting_Fit

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, it sounds like Abbott have screwed up somehow. The app is no longer on the App store as there is going to be an updated version - but they can't tell me when this will be available. In the meantime they are sending me a Libre Reader and a new sensor which I have asked to be sent by express delivery.

So if anyone has the same issue - you will not be able to get/update the app from the App Store and will need to make alternative arrangements for testing your BS. I now need to get hold of more test strips.

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you don't have this issue I would suggest making sure that you have automatic updates for the app switched off and don't update the app until a new version that works has been released

Reactions: East Anglian

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is such a shoddy rollout of an update. I work in software development and have done mobile app development. You need to test everything, including installation and updates on users phones. Very easy to do

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is such a shoddy rollout of an update. I work in software development and have done mobile app development. You need to test everything, including installation and updates on users phones. Very easy to do
I agree, I'm a QA Engineer so do the same and can't believe they have managed to make such a major screw up

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I updated the app on my iPhone yesterday, then got the blank white screen and crashing of the app. On Abbott’s advice I deleted the app (lost all my data within the app!) and then reinstalled it. It worked perfectly as a CGM for a few hours, then I kept getting ‘loss of signal’ and only getting a reading by scanning :(

curly

Exactly the same here with my iPhone. Blank screen since this morning. Really don’t want to try deleting and reinstalling app as I’m due at diabetes clinic for first time in 8 months next week and don’t want to lose all my precious data to show them

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly the same here with my iPhone. Blank screen since this morning. Really don’t want to try deleting and reinstalling app as I’m due at diabetes clinic for first time in 8 months next week and don’t want to lose all my precious data to show them
Your data should still be in https://www.libreview.com/, no matter what happens to your phone!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree that the update rollout is shoddy.
I disagree that thorough testing is very easy to do. If that was the case, we would not hear about so many issues like the TSB data migration issue, the VirginMedia broadband outage, aws service issues, BA flights being grounded due to problems with flight planning app, ... I could go on.
I work on the development of complex critical software systems and can confirm that it is challenging.

Not defensible but suggesting it is very easy is not understanding the complexity.

Reactions: K4ffy

Penny-61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same issue spoke to the helpline this am and they said their engineers are working on the issue at their end. They couldn’t tell me when it would be up again

13h

When I put on a new libre sensor , the app said ,not working and replace with a new one , which I didn't have , so tried to order new, the gp practice manager said that the system won't allow to order, so I'm using the finger prick test , seems more painful . I wonder if the app was a problem and not the sensor.