Shuggah App Garmin Watch Face

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might have the continuous readings on garmin watches sussed
Download connect iq in apps
Install nightscout (a few to choose from, some for android only)
Go to settings in shuggar & scroll down & turn on nightscout
I haven’t done this as the nightscout apps say they don’t work properly with fenix 6
I’ve got the fenix 6s pro

holdem

I haven’t done this as the nightscout apps say they don’t work properly with fenix 6
yup this is what i was saying to you in another thread i think re the night scout app in iqconnect store on garmin. ive done this. i thikn the missing bit is the url code needs to be entered but i cant work out what that code is or where to get it from.

the link i linked yesterday seems to block the users out which suggests its personal to each user. but i am not sure where to find it.

cheers

prestonmike1

Can you tell us please how to set up nightscout & link it to a garmin watch
Thanks
Its not a simple setup unfortunately, took me a while to get it working, i followed this guide though which was quite useful, hopefully Garmin can create a native app like they have for dexcom

holdem

Its not a simple setup unfortunately, took me a while to get it working, i followed this guide though which was quite useful, hopefully Garmin can create a native app like they have for dexcom

ok ace let me have a look at that

holdem

before i start all this is this for ios apple phones too?

prestonmike1

before i start all this is this for ios apple phones too?
One word of warning, i followed that guide and at no point did it mention anything about a charge for Heroku, ive today received an invoice so i've cancelled it and deleted the app, will see if theres a free alternative to get this up and running again

DesBrown100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you tell us please how to set up nightscout & link it to a garmin watch
Thanks
Following, as I have the same setup Libre 2 / iPhone / Shuggah / Garmin. Happy to introduce Nighscout also, to get BGs on my Garmin, but getting confused with talk of external hosts, urls etc.

Update: I just had another crack at this and got taken down countless rabbit holes to install Nighscout. Firstly it seems you also have to install Spike (for iPhone users), but to do this you have to use Cydia Impactor - neither of which are available from the App Store, but you can access from the Developers GutHub account. Even if you do have a PhD in software engineering and have males patience and manage to get through all of this (which I haven’t!) it appears that you have to re-sign a certificate every week to keep the data feed alive.
I would quite happily pay for a reliable solution to this problem, which all Libre/iPhone/Garmin users must be experiencing.
Hopefully Abbott will up their game in the coming weeks/months and release a commercially available watch face, glance or data field, even if they make it chargeable.

Last edited:

DesBrown100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like you’re stuck at the same place as me. I need to know what values to enter in these 4 fields. Does anyone any have suggestions, or do we have to pay for this, like @prestonmike1 suggested?

Attachments

• IMG_5180.jpeg
    IMG_5180.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 98

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone left their iPhone far enough away to lose Bluetooth connection with their sensor? Does it just reconnect when you are close enough again whilst using Shugga. It took me a while to get it to pair when I first set it up!
Yes, while playing tennis yesterday, even though my phone was right by the net at the side of the court, I then got the ‘signal loss’ message and no reading on either Libre or Shuggah. I was able to scan to get a Libre reading but even that didn’t work every time. When I left the court, I felt very frustrated, but after about three or four minutes with my iPhone close to my body both apps started working fully again. I have Bluetooth enabled on both apps and both still work including the alarms but I do have the signal loss alarm turned off.

Reactions: Rachox

prestonmike1

I think ive found a free alternative, following this guide using Northflank

On my iphone i just have the Shuggah app, havent had to download anything else, the rest of the setup has been done on my laptop, took a bit of work to get it working but i got there eventually
i then downloaded the Nightscout watch face from the Garmin IQ app to get it displaying on my vivoactive3

holdem

Yes, while playing tennis yesterday, even though my phone was right by the net at the side of the court, I then got the ‘signal loss’ message and no reading on either Libre or Shuggah. I was able to scan to get a Libre reading but even that didn’t work every time. When I left the court, I felt very frustrated, but after about three or four minutes with my iPhone close to my body both apps started working fully again. I have Bluetooth enabled on both apps and both still work including the alarms but I do have the signal loss alarm turned off.
i had this again at golf today. I missed perhaps 2 hours of data at the time i needed it most. i could still scan on libre. I feel the issue may be when outside as less walls to bounce off? (nb i have no idea how all these things work) but the second i got in the car i got a reading again

holdem

On my iphone i just have the Shuggah app, havent had to download anything else, the rest of the setup has been done on my laptop, took a bit of work to get it working but i got there eventually
i then downloaded the Nightscout watch face from the Garmin IQ app to get it displaying on my vivoactive3
when you say you have it displayed on your watch face is it there constantly or as a sort of notification?

ChrisF1

Hi i have the freestyle libre 2
I have downloaded the shuggah app which took some time. I realised i had to get rid of my alarms on my freestyle libre app to get this to "talk" to my sensor

I have a garmin watch an 260 approach

i can get the notifications from my phone to go to my watch which updates me when i get a change in bloods

ideally i would like a watch face on my garmin watch which has the current bloods on it.

I have downloaded one called nightscout but it says " setup required" does anyone know what i need to do and or does anyone have any garmin watch faces that work and any tips to get this to work
Regarding my iphone is there anyway to have any of the following... my blood levels on my lock screen

Does anyone else have any tips for the use of this app

Thanks in advance
Did you manage to find out anything that helped you get your current blood levels on your Garmin watch face - something I’ve wanted to do for ages!

holdem

i got to step 2 c and i didnt get the option for "only select repositories" so i clicked the only option which was "all repositories"

i then scramble thru and get to the part where it asks for step 3 c " c) Select your cgm-remote-monitor and the master branch." where i put in my new username and /cgm-remote-monitor but it then doesnt lead me to be able to press anything else.

where have i gone wrong

thanks

holdem

has anyone else managed to follow this guide to get it working?

thanks

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has anyone else managed to follow this guide to get it working?

thanks
I read it, looked complicated, so I’m leaving it as a reading popping up every 5 minutes for the time being
If someone finds an easy way I’ll give it a go