what can i eat?

Stephanie_x

Hey Hun, I'm 35+5 & my cravings are anything sweet its a nightmare, I just try to resist and keep myself busy but if I have to have something I eat 1 square of chocolate normally helps. My dietician told me I could & If I ate yoghurts to make sure they were under 100 calories per pot. Hope this helps a little xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi im 34 weeks pregnant and am craving anything sweet. Can i eat yogurt and sugar free jelly.

Hello,
You can eat yogurt because it natural but not regularly it may cause for cold and throat soreness & sugar free jelly umm i think not so good idea cause it contains some artificial ingredients...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Natural yoghurt has never caused me to have cold or throat problems Sagarg can you tell us please where you have the source of this information from ?Katy if you put some berries in your yoghurt this may help to give you a sweet fix! also double cream beaten up with some melted dark choc to make a mousse on top of strawberries and more cream on top is wonderful
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Make sure you take your prenatal vitamins.

Orange Juice is a great source of Folic Acid. Folic Acid prevents birth defects, specifically spina bifida.

You really only need an extra 300 calories per day, but try to get it from nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
300 calories can be another bowl of cereal with milk and a piece of fruit.