How much does high cholesterol affects my diabetes?

MartinAU

Hey guys,

I would like to hear your opinions on my concern. It's actually not about me here, it's my friend's issue. She has high cholesterol and constantly looking for new ways on how to lower cholesterol, while at the same time she needs to be cautious about her sugar level... Now are there any cholesterol meds that might interfere with my insulin?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
MartinAU said:
I would like to hear your opinions on my concern. It's actually not about me here, it's my friend's issue. She has high cholesterol and constantly looking for new ways on how to lower cholesterol, while at the same time she needs to be cautious about her sugar level... Now are there any cholesterol meds that might interfere with my insulin?

Not sure of the answer as I don't take statins myself, there's quite a few on the forum who do take them so by 'bumping' your post up you might get some helpful replies.

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys,

Hello,
There are certain meds available from which you can reduce your cholesterol level. More on that if you go with the natural or herbal supplement it would be more beneficiary to you...