insulin changed again

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all
I no it been some time from the last time I posted. I have not been having a good time. been to the hospital to day my bloods where at an all time high at 37.8 and that's after taking my morning insulin of 60 units and nothing to eat. so for the third time my insulin is to change from 2 injections a day to 4. they would have kept me in today if I'd let them. so back again on Thursday.
will it ever settle ????????.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear your having such a hard time.

I thought injecting three times a day was bad enough! Can't imagine four times a day :shock:

Hopefully they will find the right course of action for you soon.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks. thing seem to be going in the right direction now down to 15 - 20. back to hospital on Thursday.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear your having such a hard time.

I thought injecting three times a day was bad enough! Can't imagine four times a day :shock:

Hopefully they will find the right course of action for you soon.
hi Karen
thanks for your concern my bloods are still in the highs 27-30 back to hospital on the 4th I have been ok over Christmas hope it stays that way for the new year by the way all the best to u and yours have a good one.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
back from hospital to day insulin now put on 48 units at night and 26 units before meals. bloods still at fasting 36.8 this morning ( no breckfast to day.) lunch 28.7 ( no lunch) tea was 14.6 had a ham salad for tea blood before bed 28.7 when will this come down ??????

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When are you back at the hospital again? I hope they are keeping a close eye on you because those figures are shocking :nailbiting:

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
back at hospital on Friday insulin all up again now on 56 at bed time and 36 at meal times. bloods are at fasting 29.3 nothing to eat this morning dinner 24.3 no dinner tea 15.9 just a salad fro tea going to bed 25.8

Stephen 3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. my AC one blood level was rated at 11. my blood glucose level was averaging about 378. I'm on 1000 milligrams of metformin twice daily. my glucose level was an averaging approximately 150. I was going to have to take a second medication to help bring me down to the correct level, but I found something called Ocotea oil.the ocotea oil has helped to stabilize my blood glucose level at about 100. I highly recommend this for anyone having trouble maintaining the proper blood glucose level

Stephen 3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all
I no it been some time from the last time I posted. I have not been having a good time. been to the hospital to day my bloods where at an all time high at 37.8 and that's after taking my morning insulin of 60 units and nothing to eat. so for the third time my insulin is to change from 2 injections a day to 4. they would have kept me in today if I'd let them. so back again on Thursday.
will it ever settle ????????.
have you tried Ocotea Oil? it can stabilize your sugar level . Look it up, it may help you

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks Stephen will look for some and give it a try

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
back at hospital on Friday insulin all up again now on 56 at bed time and 36 at meal times. bloods are at fasting 29.3 nothing to eat this morning dinner 24.3 no dinner tea 15.9 just a salad fro tea going to bed 25.8

How are you getting on? Hope your blood sugars are getting better.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi no they are not just taken it and its 27.6. back at hospital on 30th. thanks for asking how are you doing?????.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Phil

Just had my 3 month HbA1C result and it was 68 - so things are looking a heck of lot better.

How are you doing now? Hope your bloods have improved.

Karen

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi thanks for asking. that's grate news for you WELL DONE. mine well they are down but. not below 11 yet. insulin increased again and back to hospital on Tuesday. but hay they are down so that's good.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as they are coming down that is really good. At least the hospital are monitoring you closely and once you get the right dosage you will slowly start feeling better :)