slimming world advice

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
hi all im going to start slimming world in jan but looking at the care they giv to type they encourage carbs/lots veg all of witch i choose to avoid . for 495 per week i ws wondering if anyone else has joined or follwed the diet with sucess as im looking to lose alot this new year ( maily to wipe the smile of the patronising dn lol) xxx

Reactions: 2 people

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi Cath,I found it very hard with S.W. every week put more weight on, first group, got asked not to come any more, the class thought I was a joke! all in all joined 4 different groups over 10 years. started at 11st weighed 15 in October.
it was only when I found this site I found out about carbs and proteins,started the Newcastle diet in oct and lost the first weight in 10 years.as a` t2` this is the first time in such a long time I have felt well.

Reactions: 3 people

JennyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi ladies i was thinking myself of re joining s.w. very glad i have seen these posts, what is the Newcastle diet please?

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
have a look at the Newcastle diet threads ,its a study taken from Newcastle uni , using very low calorie shakes for 11 days then 1 low carb meal added,daily for aprox 12 weeks.
its supposed to reverse type 2 diabetes, I have been on it since 31 of October and lost 2 st so far ,also not on any medication now, and blood sugars now within normal ranges, so its working for me, it does not work for everyone that's for sure.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
thanku 4 the advice i was bit funny avbout adding carbs and fruit etc as i dont want to . will reconsider the sw i think x

bumbles1952

thanku 4 the advice i was bit funny avbout adding carbs and fruit etc as i dont want to . will reconsider the sw i think x
Hi Cath,

I too feel the same about fruit and carbs so was looking at slimming world 'orignal' days which are essentially high protein, reduced carb low fat. I was going to look if they do any plans for diabetics, does anyone know if they do?

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i will speak to her and see if i can reduce all that stuff but as u prob know its advised to eat fruit /carbs etc from dn lol my friend has been diabetic for 4 wks still getting 11 on blood suger i wonder y he eats bread/fruit/rice all told by his dn was healthy :) i will let u know what slimming world says xx