Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi I took green tea tablets in April to help me loose weight with no adverse effect on blood sugars. I have been taking green coffee beans for 4 days and my blood sugars are higher than I expected. I thought it was the lentil soup or potatoes that caused it but Ive been careful with my carbs for 2 days and sugars ranging 7 to 14 . This is unusual for me. Could it be the green coffee capsules?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Hi I took green tea tablets in April to help me loose weight with no adverse effect on blood sugars. I have been taking green coffee beans for 4 days and my blood sugars are higher than I expected. I thought it was the lentil soup or potatoes that caused it but Ive been careful with my carbs for 2 days and sugars ranging 7 to 14 . This is unusual for me. Could it be the green coffee capsules?

I've never heard of green coffee beans but found this on Google......http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ientId=1264&activeIngredientName=GREEN COFFEE.....it mentions the effect caffeine may have on Blood Glucose.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
coffee beans has an effect on blood glucose as the beans are high in glucose.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Thanks, I'm not taking any more.The green tea was fine and it did help me loose weight so i'll go back to that .