Practice Nurse

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Been feeling fairly ****** for some time - feeling dizzy and so forth but put this down to blood pressure - doc has been giving me different quantities of ramapril to try and bring it down. Spoke to our normal chemist today and he attributed the dizziness to my body getting used to the meds and me kicking my carb habit!

I was answering Jamrox and Fergus Crawford, I thought it would be something else rather than the blood glucose figures. Keep your eye on your blood pressure though.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I was told the same thing Jamrox, by both my Nurse and Doctor.

Scandichic , stick to your guns and don't be bullied by 'experts' who don't have the whole picture yet. Try to keep your cool if the are rude to you. They should know better. I've changed Doctor as a result and its a total change in attitude as to treatment. Hopefully you won't need to do that and your treatment team will open their eyes a little.

Hope all will be well soon.
Thank you!!!!:)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may need a bit more salt. Dr Eenfeldt writes about this somewhere in beginner´s guide. Try half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. If it helps you will notice fairly soon.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You may need a bit more salt. Dr Eenfeldt writes about this somewhere in beginner´s guide. Try half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. If it helps you will notice fairly soon.
Hej! Tusen tack! I emailed him yesterday after I had spoken to the nurse from Hell and he responded really quickly. Will try that if feeling ropey as I really want to be back in work tomorrow. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I honestly think type 2 diabetes is different for different people. What works for 1 doesn't work for others. Its all about trial and error and finding what works for you.
The problem is getting that info out to health professionals, for me testing and reducing carbs is key ( I have a very sweet tooth and would rather have a biscuit at night than potatoes or bread with my tea.).I feel really unwell if I go off the rails and its just not worth it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hej! Tusen tack! I emailed him yesterday after I had spoken to the nurse from Hell and he responded really quickly. Will try that if feeling ropey as I really want to be back in work tomorrow. :)

Watch your blood pressure again as a change in salt level in your body will affect the dosage of the ramipril. and affect the sodium potassium balance.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There is a Swedish low carb forum you might enjoy: http://forum.kostdoktorn.se/
Lycka till!
I have been meaning to go on and post but this is the first 5 minutes I've had today! Don't often get the chance to write - mostly reading GP, whatever book I'm reading, watching anything on bbc4 and shouting at the kids to put their iPads down, get their shoes on quickly for whatever club we are going to! Lol! It is on my list of things to do along with markin 7bs books and making ewinas ground almond crackers!
Go' natt!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See you there when you have the time!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well just had my results, excellent diabetic control and cholesterol 5 . Sooo happy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App