You Know You Are Diabetic When........

Janiept

Expert
You know you are diabetic when you walk round the healthy fruit and veg section of the supermarket thinking 'that's not healthy, that's not good for me'.

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You know you are diabetic when your sitting wondering if you took your basal insulin earlier in the evening (happened last night:rolleyes:).

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
You know you are diabetic when you know the location of every public toilet within a 20 mile radius

Reactions: 2 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Or when you eventually tell someone, who you've been dating for several months, that you're diabetic and they say "you can't be, I've seen you eating cakes" LOL
Oh I like that one. That attitude permeates many a shere in today's society. lol
:lurking:

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I knew I was diabetic when shopping with my other half went like this: "Okay, here's the shopping list..yes I do need that, I've run out. Please I know what I need. Oh, left my glasses behind, can I borrow yours? I need to read this label, yes I know I read it last week but someone on the forum said that this one's better ok? No, I can't eat that it's bread..yes I know I eat bread but only Burgen..yes I know it's Burgen but it's not Soy and Linseed, here's the one I eat ok? :eek: Yes I do need frozen blueberries and yes I know we've got a freezer full of blackcurrants but I can't have those there are too many carbs..I just can't ok? Yes I know fruit's good for me but not all fruit..no not bananas..or apples or or ............
Yep, I know this shopping trip has taken forever, don't you think I'm fed up with this dratted supermarket too? Well, I have to read labels, yes I know I read them every week...........THAT'S when I for one realized I am diabetic....and so did Johnny :confused:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You know you are diabetic when you have a packet of Jelly Babies in your shopping basket despite not having any kids trailing behind you :)

Reactions: 4 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After eating beetroot as well as my high strength vit Bs .The Db nurse who does the urine check can be a little confused:D
CAROL

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You know you're diabetic when you start wondering how many carbs are in a dog biscuit.

Reactions: 5 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What you doin looking at dog biscuits ??? are you hungry?
CAROL

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Not really, just such a long time since I had a biscuit.
Wonder who'd win in a fair fight, me or the westie?
Oh yeah, the westie.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know you're diabetic when you start wondering how many carbs are in a dog biscuit.

Ahem... I used to eat the dog biscuits...Mind you I was only tiny at the time and the biccies were Spillers shapes and all lovely different shapes and colours, just like sweeties. But I wasn't diabetic then and the dog didn't actually mind!

But I know I'm diabetic now as I've turned into a bloodsucking vampire - every time I prick my finger, I tend to lick up any surplus blood. :hungry::hungry: And I can do my testing without cringing, something I never imagined I ever could handle previously...

Robbity