im sick of this -_-

Ashwee99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm fed up with diabetes I've was diagnosed two years ago and I don't want to do this anymore I don't want to do this all my life :(

Reactions: 4 people

tinss_c

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hang in there, you've been so brave don't let it defeat you.
You're so young and have so much to see and do still. Praying and hoping that a cure would be found in this lifetime. Take care

desidiabulum

Sorry -- you're stuck with it, as we all are! The key thing is to fill your life with as many good things as possible, so that diabetes is just the irritating background chore (like cleaning teeth etc) rather than the thing that dominates and defines you. Try not to fixate on how it restricts your life -- focus on the many many things that you still CAN do. And most of all, remember that you are not alone. Good luck!

cure_diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like brussel sprouts or people who make me feel weird for having Diabetes. For example when they say: "Eww, how do you do that its horrible"
I'm fed up with diabetes I've was diagnosed two years ago and I don't want to do this anymore I don't want to do this all my life :(
Don't worry! I'm at the same stage as you, hang on in there and I advise you search DiabeticDanica up on YouTube as she helped me cope a lot :) Good Luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
Well you can stay away from this by having proper treatment and diet...

Lisbet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's now widely acknowledged that chronic disease puts a huge emotional strain on the sufferer (when I was diagnosed this was NOT the case) so you may be lucky to find that your hospital team has access to psychological support, and if not, your GP should facilitate this. Really important to come to terms with it ASAP or you'll find it an on-going struggle and it will be really hard to achieve reasonable control, leading to more problems in the long term which affect your quality of life even more than doing a few blood tests/injections etc. Please get help and support now!!!

Only when you accept diabetes as a part of yourself that you love and care for, will you be at peace, be able to cope better and make the most of life. This can be a struggle, but it CAN be done and you will be glad you put in the effort and came through in the end, believe me! (Based on my 48yrs of T1) I am v aware that I'd only be half the person I am today without having had this struggle, to the point where I even appreciate that I had to experience it to become 'whole', strong and happy.

Please be encouraged!!!

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Hya, Please don't fret. It'll get better as you get older. You've done well for two years! You will end up with a much healthier life than many of those without diabetes.
Take a look around the forum and you will glean much encouragement. You will get depressed about it, that's only natural but talk to us here and we can help lift your spirits, hopefully.

Do you have family around you to support you?
:cat:

maliki

I agree with lisbet. A courageous acceptance of your condition and great efforts to mitigate against it, would define the extent to which you have enjoyed life. Be more positive and take solace in the fact you are not alone in the struggle. Best wishes

Ashwee99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the support , I'm normally fine with diabetes but lately I just can't be bothered but I know I have to do this but its just knowing I have this forever that brings me down , but I know that since I've been diagnosed that I'm a lot healthier and stuff so I should be happy just in one of those moods lately I suppose but I should be good :>

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Thanks for the support , I'm normally fine with diabetes but lately I just can't be bothered but I know I have to do this but its just knowing I have this forever that brings me down , but I know that since I've been diagnosed that I'm a lot healthier and stuff so I should be happy just in one of those moods lately I suppose but I should be good :>
That's the correct attitude. You're just on a downer about it. It will pass, this mood will lift. Stay in touch with this forum and it'll help you through the darker times. We all have them! :joyful: Keep soldiering on

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
I understand Completely your feelings,but to understand the effects of ignoring Diabetes, or of Not wanting this anymore, Please read my thread Terminal. and. Scared which is in the Diabetes Complications section of the forum, Don't let it scare you, but read it anyway,

Best Regards

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand Completely your feelings,but to understand the effects of ignoring Diabetes, or of Not wanting this anymore, Please read my thread Terminal. and. Scared which is in the Diabetes Complications section of the forum, Don't let it scare you, but read it anyway,

Best Regards
Definitely read this Ashwee.. I was diagnosed last September and its given me plenty of motivation to keep to my new diet/ lifestyle. I know kman's experience is one end of the extreme but through his pain he's sharing its a warning to us all what can happen.
I know when I get fed up I go back to his first posts and re-read them, it soon makes me realise how lucky I am. Chin up and keep smiling, there's plenty worse off in the world than we are.☺

Diagnosed 11/09/13 hba1c 76
16/12/13 hba1c 46

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ashwee,

I know exactly how you feel, I've had diabetes for about two and a half years and am sick to death of it too. I had a bit of 'burnout' over the summer and ate lots of stuff I shouldn't have, I just couldn't be bothered anymore and tried to forget about it. I read a book called
Diabetes Burnout: Preventing it, Surviving it, Finding Inner Peace by William H. Polonsky and this really helped, plus I started testing more often and seeing my bg in double fingers helped scare me enough to get me back on the wagon. I'm feeling close to having another slip-up at the moment, mainly due to a very restrictive diet for another health problem, but I think reminding myself why I'm controlling my bg and testing more often will get me through, fingers crossed. You could try something called 'controlled cheating', you allow yourself say, one or two meals a month when you eat what you like (I used to do this before my latest diet), it stops you getting fed up, stops you bingeing and gives you something to look forward to. It's not for everyone, but it helped keep me on the straight and narrow more often. Sx

Reactions: 2 people