Icecream confusion.. :-S

bob-b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Might seem a stupid question to ask but is the regular choco flavoured icecream less sugary as compared to other regular flavours of icecream? Or is there sth about chocolate that is good for diabetes? :-S

Recently I ate three flavours of icecream( on three different days haha don't worry am not crazy ) one day I ate vanilla, next day butterscotch and then chocolate today.. All days had similar routines but on vanilla as well as butterscotch days I had a high value of bloodsugar but today its a different story.. I had a wild low today just now even though I ate a large chocolate icecream(wasn't sugarfree)...

Quite Confused.... :-S

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Might seem a stupid question to ask but is the regular choco flavoured icecream less sugary as compared to other regular flavours of icecream? Or is there sth about chocolate that is good for diabetes? :-S

Recently I ate three flavours of icecream( on three different days haha don't worry am not crazy ) one day I ate vanilla, next day butterscotch and then chocolate today.. All days had similar routines but on vanilla as well as butterscotch days I had a high value of bloodsugar but today its a different story.. I had a wild low today just now even though I ate a large chocolate icecream(wasn't sugarfree)...

I don't know but let me hopefully make your day....
1 food processor
200g of frozen berries or cherries
200ml double cream
1dsp of stevia
Blitz berries until in small pieces. Add sugar and cream. Blitz till like ice- cream ( takes approx 40 secs). Enjoy. Downside: can't be frozen but will there actually be any left?!!!!!!! Not in our house! :hilarious:

bob-b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know but let me hopefully make your day....
1 food processor
200g of frozen berries or cherries
200ml double cream
1dsp of stevia
Blitz berries until in small pieces. Add sugar and cream. Blitz till like ice- cream ( takes approx 40 secs). Enjoy. Downside: can't be frozen but will there actually be any left?!!!!!!! Not in our house! :hilarious:

Wowwww that sounds delicious!! Gonna try haha :p but am somewhat worried about the double cream :(
Won't that be a lot? haha

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wowwww that sounds delicious!! Gonna try haha :p but am somewhat worried about the double cream :(
Won't that be a lot? haha
I eat low carb high fat. Otherwise keep it for a treat maybe?

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a very small bowl of full fat dark chocolate ice cream with berries and almonds for my supper most evenings, it never sends my sugar up. I am T2 ... All other ice cream or chocolate will increase my sugar levels .

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have a very small bowl of full fat dark chocolate ice cream with berries and almonds for my supper most evenings, it never sends my sugar up. I am T2 ... All other ice cream or chocolate will increase my sugar levels .
What make of ice-cream and where do you get it from? :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The berries are fresh .. And almonds are loose .. The wonderful chocolate ice cream is Mackie's of Scotland .. 'Luxury dairy ice cream with Belgian chocolate flakes, fresh milk, cream and no artificial ingredients' it's a very small bowl full the tub lasts just over a week. It reads high for carbs .. But is not affecting my sugars.
My berries are blue berries, raspberries and strawberries .... I get it from the local supermarket
I not saying its good for everyone, but it works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it all comes down to ingredients.

Ingredients are listed on a packet in order of quantity. So if the list says 'skimmed milk, sugar, cream, cocoa' then there is more milk than sugar, than cream, than cocoa.

The more sugar, fructose, glucose, etc the higher your blood sugar will rise.
And the more fat, cream, veg oil there is, the slower and more gentle the rise will be.

Scandichic's recipe is just about perfect - lots of gorgeous cream (slow), all fruit sugars are from berries (lower in sugars than sweeter fruit, so no high rise), and no added sugar.

Reactions: lorraine95

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not only in UK we get it very, very wrong. Spot the error on this label?

Icecream.JPG

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Did you read the amount of carbs on the ice cream tub. They will be different check out the total carbs on all products. It would also depend on what your BSs were before you ate the ice cream and what you did within the next few hours.

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Recently I ate three flavors of ice cream( on three different days haha don't worry am not crazy ) one day I ate vanilla, next day butterscotch and then chocolate today.. All days had similar routines but on vanilla as well as butterscotch days I had a high value of bloodsugar but today its a different story.. I had a wild low today just now even though I ate a large chocolate ice cream(wasn't sugar free)...

Hello,
I think you need to try something different think chokolava cake or you can have a mini cup cake which are very delicious and tasty...