Hi Tech exersise

KevinLee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am new to this forum so hello to all who are out there. I have had type2 for a couple of years and recently was put on a 6 week program which was called XPERT. This was excellent and well run (my group meet in Lower Early near Reading) and would recommend it to anyone (I learnt a lot). This has inspired me on to re visit the gym.

I have a work out plan from the gym that I follow. What I get fed up with is the keeping track of what I do and when on the paper booklet (which I invariably forget to bring). I have a smart phone and use it to listen to music and story's and have even just purchased some Bluetooth headphones to stop the wire getting caught up when I am on the equipment.

So I have an android phone and started looking at the apps that are available (just so many) but cant find what I am looking for. I have been looking for apps that can log the exercises that I am doing (as opposed to being my personal trainer and giving me exercises). I use the treadmill, the rowing machine, cycle, cross trainer and several weight machines and what I am looking to do is find some way of keeping track of all these in the phone. I want to port the paper record over to some form of app so that I can start to track progress and fitness levels. Does anyone know of an app like this? The cycle ones I have seen track the distance travelled by GPS (my exercise bike does not move), same for treadmill, rowing etc.

Has anyone got any tips or suggestions for what I am looking for?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just use one mega spreadsheet that has separate tabs for exercise, including weekly adn annual summaries, BG recordsm carbs, insulin etc

All in one place and can easily see the interactiosn between them

ONMYPC

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not being in control!
Hi Kevin I am just completing the Expert course next week, it is excellent! The best app I have found is My Fitness Pal www.myfitnesspal.com available on both iOS and Android!

Let me know how you get on!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kevin. Slightly off topic. I live up by the university in Reading. I haven't heard about this course, how did you get onto it?
Andrea

KevinLee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank will l
Hi Kevin I am just completing the Expert course next week, it is excellent! The best app I have found is My Fitness Pal www.myfitnesspal.com available on both iOS and Android!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/QUOTE

Thank you for the info will look it up.

KevinLee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin. Slightly off topic. I live up by the university in Reading. I haven't heard about this course, how did you get onto it?
Andrea

My wife and I were put on the course by the dilatation at the local surgery. it is a 6 week course each of 2.5 hours. As I work from home we did the 9:30 to 12noon times ( they do have it on some evenings I believe).

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great. Would you recommend it? I'd like to get back into exercising and would like to learn more. I'll ask my surgery about it.
Thanks.
I'll let you get back to your original post now :)

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
Rather high tech exercise you better hire any trainer he will make your better help in your exercise than machines....

KellyMedical

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there,

I think our novel therapy and exercise service may be what you are looking for. Please take a look at the info posted at
http://www.shell-livewire.org/awards/grand-ideas-awards and www.xrgenomics.com

We are able to create exercise programmes based specifically on your disease type but specifically your genetics using the latest in exercise science theory and equipment.

Please do get in touch with any questions!

Thanks

Ben

[email protected]