Anonymous Question How often should people test?

jackedison

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You dont need to worry as testing blood glucose levels depends on the type of diabetes on has, for type 1 diabetes testing can be done 3 or more times and for type 2 diabetes testing may be more then once...the testing depends may be done before meals, after meals and also after fasting for 8 hours.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You dont need to worry as testing blood glucose levels depends on the type of diabetes on has, for type 1 diabetes testing can be done 3 or more times and for type 2 diabetes testing may be more then once...the testing depends may be done before meals, after meals and also after fasting for 8 hours.
I am unclear what your statement is actually saying. Can you make it a little clearer please?

Reactions: 2 people

jackedison

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am unclear what your statement is actually saying. Can you make it a little clearer please? I just meant that a persons testing for glucose levels depends on the type of diabetes he has and insulin levels and does not need to worry.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So are you advocating that a T2 not on insulin shouldn't test? That goes at odds with my experience; if I don't test I don't know what I should eat and what I shouldn't which would likely (but not absolutely) cause my BG Levels to be higher.

If that isn't what you are saying then my apologies.

For me it is important to test to work out what is safe and what I should avoid. Additionally it gives me motivation to continue when I see the trends falling and when they rise I know I need to redouble my efforts.​

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
Are you at target weight yet Andrew?

And can someone please tell me how to get the line at the bottom of messages so I can put my readings and chart my progress?

Andrew - I started at the same weight as you in January 2014, and 4 lbs to go before under 14 st! I watch your progress! And I need to learn how to do these fab graphs! Though my fingers are bruised with all the testing.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Are you at target weight yet Andrew?
I am at 13st 10 lbs now so one pound off of 4 stone down. Still need to lose another 24 lbs to reach the 12 stone I would like to be at.

I have however slowed the weight loss down on purpose but it is so slow

And can someone please tell me how to get the line at the bottom of messages so I can put my readings and chart my progress?

That is the signature which you will find under your profile

Andrew - I started at the same weight as you in January 2014, and 4 lbs to go before under 14 st! I watch your progress! And I need to learn how to do these fab graphs! Though my fingers are bruised with all the testing.

Excellent and how are your blood glucose readings now?

I can produce a video for you on creating a simple spreadsheet which will show you how to produce simple graphs.
The spreadsheet I use is now very complex which is why I have started to write an application to do it for me - have you seen my thread http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/writing-bg-management-app.56644/.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you - will make chart and see how things are progressing.