Deep heat rash?? Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi sorry this isnt diabetes related but i just sprayed some deep heat spray on my leg/back for sciatica and now the bend of my left arm all the way down to my wrist has come up in a rash and it hurts! But my leg and back is fine! What do i do???

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
What does it tell you to do on the can? It sounds like you're suffering an allergic reaction. Maybe call NHS Direct (111?)

D

Deleted member 83869

What does it tell you to do on the can? It sounds like you're suffering an allergic reaction. Maybe call NHS Direct (111?)
It says to stop using if excessive irritation, allergic reaction or unwanted effects occur. I dont get it though because i have used it before on my back and leg and no problems and well no problems now either except for my arm :s

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The make-up texture of our skin changes from place to place - perhaps your arms are just allergic to it.

Other things to consider:
  1. Is it a new can?
  2. Is it an old can and out of date?
  3. Have you put something else on your arms today that could cause a reaction if mixed with it (e.g. suncream)?
  4. Did you spray too close (and not 6+ inches / 20+cm away)?

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

The make-up texture of our skin changes from place to place - perhaps your arms are just allergic to it.

Other things to consider:
  1. Is it a new can?
  2. Is it an old can and out of date?
  3. Have you put something else on your arms today that could cause a reaction if mixed with it (e.g. suncream)?
  4. Did you spray too close (and not 6+ inches / 20+cm away)?

Yes it was a new can! and no I didn't spray too close I don't think because I was spraying the back of my leg, just so confusing haha but it's okay this morning

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Been off-line for a couple of days...

That's good to hear.