I created a simple android app to help with the cumbersome math of carb counting (free)

popit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most other apps I've seen on the market have been pretty bloated and had a lot of stuff I wasn't interested in, I prefer to read my carb information on the food package and use that, instead of using a preset database of foods.

Basically you add the food you usually eat together with the amount of carbs it contains per 100g, and then you can easily calculate either an insulin dose given the amount that you will eat, or calculate how much you should eat given an insulin dosage.

So the first thing you do is add some foods, I added pasta, potato, rice, bread and other things I eat pretty often, then you can start using the other features.

It's available for free on the Google Play Store. I posted on reddit and people seemed to like it, so hopefully some of you will have some benefit from it as well.

Reactions: Monica_JJ

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done :) It's good to hear from people making the effort to create apps like this. I find most carb calculators pretty useless, because my own diet is ..errrr.. plain weird !:D

I've downloaded it, and will see how I get on.

Thanks!

Signy

iHs

Hi

I have it on my tablet....seems to work all ok although doesnt log bg levels.
Cheers for making the effort to create an app to act as a bolus wizard

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's available for free on the Google Play Store. I posted on reddit and people seemed to like it, so hopefully some of you will have some benefit from it as well.
It's been nearly 10 tears since the OP posted the link at the Playstore, which brings up this meggage"We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server."when you click on the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tbaitu.diabetesinsulincalculator

Thanks man for your post
It was at the time.