Galvus

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has anyone been on the tablet galvus and if so how has it been for you or was for you? did anyone occur any side effects from it?
the reason I take this tablet is because I can not take metformin as i had all the rare side effects from that medicine. i find galvus a lot better however I am only concerned for the side effects that people have got from it hepatitis of liver and pancreaticisis, so i am having to be watchful of that, has anyone had any problems with this medicine? my parents had those side effects not from tablets from health issues.

debbiiee

Galvus(vildagliptin) is one of the gliptins. U can find people on this forum taking Januvia or onglyza. All these gliptins may cause pancreatitis, but its not the case always- its rare. Since u have a family history of pancteatitis, its better to keep watching for any abdominal pains, so that u can avoid any injury to ur pancreas. I hope people who are taking gliptins will explain their experience of side effects from this classs of drugs.
Regards
debbie

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Galvus(vildagliptin) is one of the gliptins. U can find people on this forum taking Januvia or onglyza. All these gliptins may cause pancreatitis, but its not the case always- its rare. Since u have a family history of pancteatitis, its better to keep watching for any abdominal pains, so that u can avoid any injury to ur pancreas. I hope people who are taking gliptins will explain their experience of side effects from this classs of drugs.
Regards
debbie

thank you debbie for your kind information appreciated hugs xx p.s I am at the point of stopping taking them my instincts tells me symptoms i feel in me i should.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking Galvus for over 2 years without any bad side effects. I was prescribed this by the consultant as I could not tolerate metformin of any type. I do suffer a runny nose and did read this could be a side effect

Reactions: 3 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking Galvus for over 2 years without any bad side effects. I was prescribed this by the consultant as I could not tolerate metformin of any type. I do suffer a runny nose and did read this could be a side effect

hi connie104, glad your doing ok with the galvus medicine, i was like you could not handle the metformin, sorry though you have side effect from galvus for runny nose, as long as it does not cause any problems, do you get regular checks for the nose? I hope all i well with you hugs xx

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have mentioned it to doctor but seems to think
Not a problem it's rather like having hay fever! I have been trying to get my ha1bc down to below 6 so I can come off meds but last one 6.2 so keep trying !

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have mentioned it to doctor but seems to think
Not a problem it's rather like having hay fever! I have been trying to get my ha1bc down to below 6 so I can come off meds but last one 6.2 so keep trying !

i am glad your doctor is keeping an eye on you, and glad your ha1bc is showing positive signs of getting close to your target,well done keep up the good work and hope you achieve getting off the meds xx

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
I am also on galvus, no side effects that I have noticed.
Sorry but am not sure why the doctor added to my diamicron tablets.
The blinking thing is in French tried to translate but it only translates part and that did not make a lot of sense.

Do you think that my lower results from the Lab is due to taking Galvus.?

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am also on galvus, no side effects that I have noticed.
Sorry but am not sure why the doctor added to my diamicron tablets.
The blinking thing is in French tried to translate but it only translates part and that did not make a lot of sense.

Do you think that my lower results from the Lab is due to taking Galvus.?
i noticed in the leaflet that galvus can sometimes be taken with other medicines like metformin etc maybe you need to ask your doctor more on this why your taking the galvus with the diamicron, it is important your aware on why you have to.and if you get new side effects from taking both together, always make the doctor aware.