type 2 testing

KEV0314

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have asked many times on diabetes.co.uk wether it is possible to join the type 2 testing program without buying strips but so far have never had an answer. . My doctor supplied me with the same machine and strips as offered in the program so i dont need to buy them i just need the information on how to follw the program If not where can i find the information to do my own testing? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
C

catherinecherub

Hi Kevo and welcome to the forum.

I will tag @Giverny in this post to see if she can answer your query about the testing programme.

This information for newly diagnosed will be of help to you with the testing..
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

If you have plenty of strips then test on waking, before meals and two hours afterwards and before going to bed. See if there is a pattern emerging by keeping a food diary. There are factors that affect blood sugars like stress,too little or too much exercise,other health issues, heat, being overtired. If these factors come into play then you may get a different reading to one you have had earlier with the same meal composition so you can see it is not straightforward and there is no blueprint that is acceptable to all of us.

Any questions then please ask as there are plenty of people here to offer you support.

Hope this helps,

CC.

KEV0314

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tha
Hi Kevo and welcome to the forum.

I will tag @Giverny in this post to see if she can answer your query about the testing programme.

This information for newly diagnosed will be of help to you with the testing..
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

If you have plenty of strips then test on waking, before meals and two hours afterwards and before going to bed. See if there is a pattern emerging by keeping a food diary. There are factors that affect blood sugars like stress,too little or too much exercise,other health issues, heat, being overtired. If these factors come into play then you may get a different reading to one you have had earlier with the same meal composition so you can see it is not straightforward and there is no blueprint that is acceptable to all of us.

Any questions then please ask as there are plenty of people here to offer you support.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Catherine will give it a go see if i can find a book on carbs etc