Type 2 Bad breath

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
I have bad breath & hope that it is related to diet/dehydration so I am asking if there is anything that I can do eating or drink wise to help the situation. I have looked on Google and it seems that I have about 73 fatal diseases so you will all have to reply quickly before I expire sometime next week.

I should add that I am diet controlled and I am almost vegan (meaning I try to not eat animal products but don't lose sleep if I slip up now & again) so I eat a lot of veggies & beans so that other end can be a bit smelly as well, what a life :) . I do have trouble drinking enough water because water seems to give me wind and I suppose that it is because I must be swallowing or gulping air when I drink water, also it doesn't taste all that good and I don't like artificial sweeteners so don't use diluting drinks.

I have seen that I can buy nasal irrigation kits on Amazon, has anyone tried them?

Thanks.
Jim

My last HB whatsit thingy was 6.4 so I hope that I am doing something right, The DN put it down to me losing weight not my vegan diet.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
my son had a problem with bad breath which wasnt down to his diet, he isnt diabetic but i am, he had a simus problem. They gave him a nasal spray and after 2 weeks the problem had gone

Reactions: 2 people

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
my son had a problem with bad breath which wasnt down to his diet, he isnt diabetic but i am, he had a simus problem. They gave him a nasal spray and after 2 weeks the problem had gone

Thanks for that, I will mention it next time I am at the Medical Centre.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Mouthwash after brushing may help.

Beer has a lot of water in it ;-)

Cheers

LGC

Reactions: 3 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have started to drink more water,It tastes better with a slice of lemon orange and ice in.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You need to keep hydrated, just take regular sips of water rather than downing it all in one go. Good dental hygiene is important too, make sure you floss between your teeth and use a good quality toothpaste and mouthwash such as Listerine.

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you are low carbing you may have keto breath. It's not dangerous, just stinky.
I am afraid my breath is just stinky according to my wife but I would rather know so that I can do something about it, I have smelt keto breath before & it is quite pleasant compared to my breath. I think that I may need to try a modified detox suitable for a diabetic.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am afraid my breath is just stinky according to my wife but I would rather know so that I can do something about it, I have smelt keto breath before & it is quite pleasant compared to my breath. I think that I may need to try a modified detox suitable for a diabetic.
When I had keto breath it was more like doggy breath :***: It settles down.