Basal rates help?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi i am on the accuchek combo pump and was just about to do some changes to my basals but it has just occurred to me that i can only change it in 0.5?? Yet i wanted to change it from say 2.50U/h to 2.48U/h is it possible to do that???

iHs

No, I dont think so. Best thing I think is to alter the bolus as a work around or have one basal rate higher andvthen the next one lower

D

Deleted member 83869

No, I dont think so. Best thing I think is to alter the bolus as a work around or have one basal rate higher andvthen the next one lower
Oh i thought you could as i know someone on like 0.48 i think anyway... Ohwell i shall see how i go! I just changed them all by 0.5 anyway as new pill is causing me havoc! X

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
lowest basel rate per hour is 0.05 which can be increased by 0.01 at a time, up to 0.99 units per hour. But for some reason after 1 unit only goes up by .05 increments.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

lowest basel rate per hour is 0.05 which can be increased by 0.01 at a time, up to 0.99 units per hour. But for some reason after 1 unit only goes up by .05 increments.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I was just about to put that lol donnellysdogs told me ahaha! I wonder why though??

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was told (by accu check) that it's because once you're over 1 unit per hour changing by any less of an increment than 0.05 would make absolutely no difference to your levels as it's such a small amount

Reactions: 2 people