Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am proof that stress is a contributory factor. I'm not even posting my results as I haven't had any readings under 7.6 since 7th July. when I had a rare 5.9 after several weeks of 6's. Legal matters are coming to a head and I'm about to accept a settlement. Phone calls and emails are intense - I even received a phone call from my lawyer at 5.30pm on Sunday evening, trying to tie everything up!

By September I hope to have my life, my health and my fasting bs back under control. I do love a challenge :)

Fingers crossed for your Diana. It's hard enough losing someone so close, without an acrimonious aftermath.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, this morning, 4.5, on my "dodgy" strips.

Yesterday was spent avoiding the cold and wind, but on the upside, I caught up on some domestic stuff. I also have a pesky problem with my mission control computer. Windows is repeatedly giving me a message warning of a failing hard dics. So, I've backed it up and imaged it, and I'll watch closely. Before doing the backup I researched the message to ensure it wasn't a virus, allowing some naughty hacker access to my whole hard drive when I did the backup and image. Suspicious, moi? Well, yes. I was then suspicious enough to run two separate (controlled so that the anti-virus environments didn't conflict with each other), which came back clear, then anti-malware tests, and on it went.

The result of all that was that I missed my window to prepare the evening meal I had planned, which was already a Plan B because I had run out of time for Plan A. Bonkers, bonkers, bonkers. In any case, I still had a yummy dinner, and my Plan B is now Plan A for today. Have I lost you yet? So, today I'm having The incredible Spice men's Pulled Pork, but I'm doing it in the slow cooker, rather than the oven, which means it's already been on for an hour, with several more to go until my evening meal. It's smelling delicious already. :)

Aside from that, I need to finish the patio cleaning, as it's not quite up to Mr Breathe's high standards yet. I feel I want to get these jobs done before he comes back because his to-do list is long enough already. It's good to keep him occupied. ;)

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
6.1...think that's my lowest morning one for a while...which is funny cos i binged on 2 slices of toast last night!

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1...think that's my lowest morning one for a while...which is funny cos i binged on 2 slices of toast last night!

Don't knock it. Was the toast from your flax seed bread?

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you test before eating and at 2hrs after your first bite? Try this out with your meals. This way you can learn which foods your body can cope with, and which it can't. We are all different and react differently to different carbs. Keep a food diary of everything you eat and drink, including portion sizes, then record your levels alongside. It is a phaff, but you can learn such a lot from it.
Do you test before eating and at 2hrs after your first bite? Try this out with your meals. This way you can learn which foods your body can cope with, and which it can't. We are all different and react differently to different carbs. Keep a food diary of everything you eat and drink, including portion sizes, then record your levels alongside. It is a phaff, but you can learn such a lot from it.

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again, yes my
Yes I test all the time. I think I need to work on portion control also.I don't have any diabetic symptoms yet thank god..Will find out next week what they plan on doing with me lol...

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kimbo did it her way, I did it my way (gradual reduction in carbs rather than cold turkey). You may find another way. I still eat a heavily seeded wholemeal bread (1 slice max with a meal) and one or two potatoes every day, but no ri. You will only know what you can have sensibly, and the portion size, by testing.

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info, yes I think portion control is part of my problem..I think I am going to have to go on meds...

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. And I had my follow up appointment this morning. My Dr. is very happy with my progress so far. I dropped my A1C from 7.4 down to 6.2 in 2 months. :) she wants to see my LDL drop when I go back in 3 months, it's a tad high.

No changes in medication, just a big pat on the back for working hard. Come a long way in these last 3 months since I first found out, long road ahead, but things are looking promising.

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An alarming 8.3 this morning. Felt very out of sorts all day yesterday and after a 1 hour walk had to go back to bed. Unheard of for me. Slept for an hour but couldn't maintain enough focus to work for the rest of the day. Almost felt as I did before discovering LCHF. BS during the day were 7.6 on waking, 5.9 before lunch and after walk, 7.6 after lunch of cheese, cherry tomatoes and unsalted peanuts, 6.7 before dinner, 6.78 after dinner, 7.6 at bedtime

No change to diet or exercise except I too made a flax loaf at the weekend and had a few slices. Also made some fat bombs. Both these are new introductions and I have to admit I didn't enjoy either very much.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi smeneley- I'm on Forxiga, was on metformin for a week but couldn't tolerate it, and I've been doing lchf for just over 8 weeks now

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An alarming 8.3 this morning. Felt very out of sorts all day yesterday and after a 1 hour walk had to go back to bed. Unheard of for me. Slept for an hour but couldn't maintain enough focus to work for the rest of the day. Almost felt as I did before discovering LCHF. BS during the day were 7.6 on waking, 5.9 before lunch and after walk, 7.6 after lunch of cheese, cherry tomatoes and unsalted peanuts, 6.7 before dinner, 6.78 after dinner, 7.6 at bedtime

No change to diet or exercise except I too made a flax loaf at the weekend and had a few slices. Also made some fat bombs. Both these are new introductions and I have to admit I didn't enjoy either very much.

This must be down to the stress you have been under. I hope everything resolves quickly and you can get those BS down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.